Thread: What determines PPS?

Just burned his ISO

Default What determines PPS?

I was looking at getting a AR2414A AR5005GS Mini PCI card and modding my laptop to have an intenna, though the Alfa AWUS036H looks good too. I am just looking for the speed of the cracking, would they be similar? Is it the mw that determines how good it is? Thanks.

Default Re: What determines PPS?

The determining factor is the speed of your processor, not the speed of the wifi card.

Just burned his ISO

How come I capped out at 499-500 packets per second, does this mean if I used an old 24mbps broadcom minipci card on a supercomputer I can do 100000pps+ with this broadcom card?

I am using an old broadcom card, it goes 500pps, assuming I got a higher end one would it not inject faster? It is 24mbps, would a 300mbps not have a greater rate of packets I am able to send?
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 04-01-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Just burned his ISO

The speed of injection isn't going to change to much. I use a AWUS036H which with aireplay-ng will inject at 500pps but of actual data being generated only around 200-300 pps. The limiting factor being how the router/ap on the end will accept and use those packets.

Just burned his ISO

Oh I see thanks, I was using a broadcom 4311 minipci to crack my wep encryption; it took a really long time to get IV's I figured it was simply underpowered. I hear people talking about cracking it within 2 minutes, I had left mine on for 3 hours without it getting the wep key. Anyways thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by turnip View Post
    Oh I see thanks, I was using a broadcom 4311 minipci to crack my wep encryption; it took a really long time to get IV's I figured it was simply underpowered. I hear people talking about cracking it within 2 minutes, I had left mine on for 3 hours without it getting the wep key. Anyways thanks for the info.
    Yea, that comes down to the access point and luck really. I've run through my test access point in less than two minutes, then never got it to work on my normal access point. Same setup with both other than the access point, test one is an old belkin and the other one is a dd-wrt'd wrt54gs.