Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Script - WPA Handshake Capture and Cracking Tut

Default Re: Script - WPA Handshake Capture and Cracking Tut

Thank you for your question. I am currently traveling and will be happy to answer your question in a day or so. Thanks for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by pen2paper View Post
    thanks for the script man, i have done it manually so i thought i would try out the script and it saved me alot of time, now i know it works i would like to know why it works and what each command is actually doing such as --deauth, if it wouldn't be to much trouble would you mind telling me what each command is doing so i can learn it, i would appreciate it.
    Have you been over to aircrack's website? aircrack-ng [Aircrack-ng] it has a lot of good information hope this helps

pen2paper - my apologies for the delayed response. I've been traveling quite a bit lately and been buried in a ton of work.

After struggling myself with the exact and proper command line arguments, and having read many questions about the process that were similar to the questions I had, I wrote the yawt tutorial to assist those new to BT learn how to capture and crack WPA on thier systems and in their RF environment where they could see the steps required, step-by-step and the real networks in their immediate space; I didn't want to create another video tutorial on this technique as there are plenty of good ones out there already.

The tut works because I implemented it as a bash script that runs directly on your system and interacts with your environment and with you. I recommend you take a look at the script HERE and study it carefully to get some insight into how and why it works.

I also recommend you take ondrovic's excellent advice to read aircrack-ng's website carefully, as a text book really, on how each of those commands I use in the tut works.

If, after going through the script and the aircrack-ng website, you still have questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them via PM. Thanks again for your interest in my simple tut script.

Just burned his ISO

I know this is a little late but, I think this is a great little program. Hey, hypervista, your doin the whole thing for them. I remember when I first started doin this, I read for hour's and hour's until I learned one thing, then that one thing would take back to hour's and hour's of reading and so on and so forth. Anyways, I think that was a great contribution to new guys. Thank's!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12