Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Script - WPA Handshake Capture and Cracking Tut

Default Script - WPA Handshake Capture and Cracking Tut

Most of you won't find much use for yawt (Yet Another WPA Tutor), the WPA capture and crack bash script I've written, but some new to BT4 and WPA cracking might find it marginally helpful.

The script is too large to paste here, but you can read the source here and download yawt here.

For users new to linux: if you want to try yawt, download it and run:
    chmod 755 yawt.sh

To run yawt, at the command prompt type:
    ./yawt.sh

It's my very first bash script and I'm sure it can be improved. I welcome comments and suggestions from the bash script gurus here.

You have to run the script as root and you have to install tshark (apt-get install tshark), the command line version of Wireshark.

The tut walks the user through a live WPA capture and passphrase cracking session on his system and his wifi environment. The tut shows the user the exact commands and arguments he needs to type and provides hints and guidance along the way.

The tut strips the resulting capture file to the Beacon frame and the EAPOL packets and launches Wireshark to allow the user to examine the WPA handshake in detail. If the WPA handshake capture is successful, the tut launches aircrack (showing the user a proper command) to attempt to crack the WPA passphrase.

Here are some screenshots that should give you an idea of what yawt is about:
    yawt screenshot 1
    yawt screenshot 2
    yawt screenshot 3
    yawt screenshot 4
    yawt screenshot 5
    yawt screenshot 6
    yawt screenshot 7
    yawt screenshot 8
    yawt screenshot 9
    Last edited by hypervista; 07-20-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Updated pastebin link

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Script - WPA Handshake Capture and Cracking Tut

Hello,

This is pretty cool, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by hypervista View Post
    Most of you won't find much use for yawt (Yet Another WPA Tutor), the WPA capture and crack bash script I've written, but some new to BT4 and WPA cracking might find it marginally helpful.

The script is too large to paste here, but you can download yawt here.

For users new to linux: if you want to try yawt, download it and run:
    chmod 755 yawt.sh

To run yawt, at the command prompt type:
    ./yawt.sh

It's my very first bash script and I'm sure it can be improved. I welcome comments and suggestions from the bash script gurus here.

You have to run the script as root and you have to install tshark (apt-get install tshark), the command line version of Wireshark.

The tut walks the user through a live WPA capture and passphrase cracking session on his system and his wifi environment. The tut shows the user the exact commands and arguments he needs to type and provides hints and guidance along the way.

The tut strips the resulting capture file to the Beacon frame and the EAPOL packets and launches Wireshark to allow the user to examine the WPA handshake in detail. If the WPA handshake capture is successful, the tut launches aircrack (showing the user a proper command) to attempt to crack the WPA passphrase.

Here are some screenshots that should give you an idea of what yawt is about:
    yawt screenshot 1
    yawt screenshot 2
    yawt screenshot 3
    yawt screenshot 4
    yawt screenshot 5
    yawt screenshot 6
    yawt screenshot 7
    yawt screenshot 8
    yawt screenshot 9

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Firefox tells me that the connections is untrusted.
    www.onlinefilefolder.com uses an invalid security certificate.
    The certificate will not be valid until 4/15/2009 11:17 PM.
    (Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)
    Take it for what it's worth.
    Might I suggest using pastebin so that others may review the code before deciding to download, install, run, and or access it.
    Also moved thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel-Amael View Post
    Firefox tells me that the connections is untrusted.

Take it for what it's worth.
    Might I suggest using pastebin so that others may review the code before deciding to download, install, run, and or access it.
    Also moved thread.
    Thanks Archangel. I've added the pastebin link to the original post (I should have thought of that). I called godaddy (ftp host provider) and they say their certificates are in order (I couldn't get very far with their tech support so I finally thank him and hung up).

I got real curious and a bit concerned too, so I checked with digicert check certificates site and they say the ftp site certificates are in order. digicert screenshot. The godaddy support guy mumbled something about redirects (or onion type routing like TOR) causing certificate problems in the browser.. dunno..
    Last edited by hypervista; 05-03-2010 at 04:07 PM.

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the script
    what is and how can make password.lst file?

thanks

You're welcome sakic. I hope you're finding the tutorial helpful.

There is a test password file (/pentest/wireless/aircrack-ng/test/password.lst) included with BackTrack 4 that you can use for your testing. Just add your AP password to the password.lst file and select that file during the passphrase cracking step of the tut. If you look at screenshot 8 of my original post, you will see that I used the included password.lst file (full-path included in the command).

Have fun!
    Last edited by hypervista; 05-17-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Just burned his ISO

This is a great tut. I know people who can really benefit from this.

GreatJob

D.X.C

Just burned his ISO

Hi gang... first time poster

In my area, im not sure just how common this is but my guess is you have all seen it....
    2WIRE APs all over the place. most homes have one in my area.... and im sure most have the default passwords, so my question is, knowing the default passwords for the
    2Wires are all 10 digit numbers, does anyone know if someone has come up with a huge pw file with that combo only?

A huge file of 10 digit numeric passwords?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xelerated View Post
    Hi gang... first time poster

In my area, im not sure just how common this is but my guess is you have all seen it....
    2WIRE APs all over the place. most homes have one in my area.... and im sure most have the default passwords, so my question is, knowing the default passwords for the
    2Wires are all 10 digit numbers, does anyone know if someone has come up with a huge pw file with that combo only?

A huge file of 10 digit numeric passwords?

Thanks!
    Take a look at Cowpatty's method for precomputed password cracking. The idea is you create a hash file specific to the AP ESSID (2WIRE in this case). You provide your favorite password list as part of the hash. Check out this link

Also, take a look at RenderMan's Rainbow Table site: Chruch of WiFi
    Last edited by hypervista; 05-27-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the script man, i have done it manually so i thought i would try out the script and it saved me alot of time, now i know it works i would like to know why it works and what each command is actually doing such as --deauth, if it wouldn't be to much trouble would you mind telling me what each command is doing so i can learn it, i would appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast