This is a tutorial on how to install Skipfish 1.33b in BT4 final.

Note: all commands that should be issued are in code boxes all other text is comments

The first thing we need to do is install a dependency that does not come default with BT4. The dependency is libidn11-dev, BT4 comes with libidn11 by default just not the development lib.

Install libidn11-dev
Code:
apt-get install libidn11-dev
Installation
Download skipfish from the url below:
skipfish - Project Hosting on Google Code

once downloaded we extract and move to any dir you would like, I moved it to /pentest/web/skipfish so I will be organized.
Code:
mv skipfish-1.33b.tgz /tmp
cd /tmp
tar xvf skipfish-1.33b.tgz
mv skipfish /pentest/web/
cd /pentest/web/skipfish
Before we issue our make command we need to modify the Makefile, look for the LDFLAGS we need to add our correct directory. Before modification it looks like this:
Before:
Code:
LDFLAGS   += -L/usr/local/lib/ -L/opt/local/lib
After:
Code:
LDFLAGS   += -L/usr/lib/ -L/opt/local/lib
After you make the appropriate changes save the Makefile, you can now run make and compile skipfish.

Note: if you do not modify the Makefile as described above skipfish will compile but when you run the application it will error out and not scan since the Makefile was pointing to the wrong directory.

Make the executable:
Code:
make
and we are done, all you need to do now is choose the appropriate dictionary you want to use. for more information See dictionaries/README-FIRST to pick a dictionary for the tool.

I chose the minimal.wl dictionary now we cp and move it
Code:
cp minimal.wl skipfish.wl
cp skipfish.wl ..
cd ..
you can optionally make a output directory as well I like to, for the sake of organization:

Code:
mkdir output/
mkdir output/first
RUN IT:
Code:
./skipfish -o output/frist/ http://192.168.6.9
when the scan completes the output report will be output/first/index.html

Hope you enjoy it.