Noobie here! Ok so I have a friends AP I am trying to get into (with his consent of course) and he has MAC filtering enabled on his AP. During my initial testing I was able to get into mine and his without MAC filtering enabled but now that it is I am not getting anywhere. Now I am assuming that what I need to do is spoof my MAC to look like an authorized one, basically watch the network traffic of that AP and then fake my MAC as one that connects to it, is this correct? Also I am doing the following cmd and checking the file it creates for any new station info but nothing is showing yet. Granted I do know hes at work right now so his PC might not even be on.

airodump-ng -c 6 --bssid xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -w stuff mon0

Now I do not know if he has any devices on and connected to this AP at this time so I am assuming that in order for me to see anything there would need to be a device on and connected to the device at the time I am looking at the traffic? Or am I just going about this wrong? Maybe there is a better way for me to check for an authorized MAC connecting to the AP?

Thanks for any pointers!

-Mjolnir