Thread: Remote exploit of a wrt54gs linksys router

Just burned his ISO

Default Remote exploit of a wrt54gs linksys router

Hello fellow l33t H4x0rs,
    I was over at my friends house the other day, when somehow or another we go on the topic of how secure his network was. He boasted how secure his password was, and blah blah (He has a propensity to boast it gets annoying.) I took it as a challenge and I started trying to breach his network right then and there using my nexus one. Unfortunately, I did want to risk bricking my phone by trying to put Linux on it, so I left defeated.... Anyway I think it's a fun exercise, He has a Linksys router using a WPA2 algorithm for encryption and I'm assuming the TKIP protocall.

The conventional attack would be a Beck-Tews attack, or better yet Ohigashi-Morii attack but, I'm not looking to do some sort of DOS/Poison packet attack on him although that would be funny..maybe later.. No, I rather figure out a way to breach it remotely and bypass the WLAN all together as I have his IP. Anyone have any ideas on this. I mean servers are easy but, a router?

Oh well what Ideas do you guys have?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: Remote exploit of a wrt54gs linksys router

Quote Originally Posted by xAnnhil4ti0nx View Post
    Hello fellow l33t H4x0rs,
    I was over at my friends house the other day, when somehow or another we go on the topic of how secure his network was. He boasted how secure his password was, and blah blah (He has a propensity to boast it gets annoying.) I took it as a challenge and I started trying to breach his network right then and there using my nexus one. Unfortunately, I did want to risk bricking my phone by trying to put Linux on it, so I left defeated.... Anyway I think it's a fun exercise, He has a Linksys router using a WPA2 algorithm for encryption and I'm assuming the TKIP protocall.

The conventional attack would be a Beck-Tews attack, or better yet Ohigashi-Morii attack but, I'm not looking to do some sort of DOS/Poison packet attack on him although that would be funny..maybe later.. No, I rather figure out a way to breach it remotely and bypass the WLAN all together as I have his IP. Anyone have any ideas on this. I mean servers are easy but, a router?

Oh well what Ideas do you guys have?

Wow I haven't heard the "ol' friend's computer hack" question today.
    Ohh wait see also.
    Aircrack-ng - Main documentation
    My post there applies to you as well.