Thread: Kisgearth 0.1f

Hybrid View

trellis

Default Kisgearth 0.1f

So I've been tinkering with kismet-newcore, my e71 gps and kisgearth, but the latter showed no compatibility with the newcore trunk of kismet. I've mailed the coder about that and this was his response:

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sammet
    well, you are right. Kisgearth is not compatible to kismet-newcore yet. And as I am the only one contributing to the project and I am totally "out of time", I can not promise that kisgearth will ever support kismet-newcore...
    So, my advice is either to remove the kisgearth package from the repos; fix it or include kismet "oldcore" for retrocompatibility... I'll see if it can be fixed, as kisgearth is one of the best tools around for its purpose.

Thank you

trellis

Default Re: Kisgearth 0.1f

Update: I fixed it (new and old bugs) and ported it to Kismet-newcore. Sent the code to the author, waiting for him to approve and put the new version online. As soon as he does, you might upgrade the BT version, too

Keep us updated

trellis

Update: my changes have been branch'ed into the svn. Waiting for a main trunk merging

Just burned his ISO

mine seems to diplay HASH (0x237vds9) instead of names, is this one of the issues with the incompatibility?

trellis

Quote Originally Posted by InlandEmpire View Post
    mine seems to diplay HASH (0x237vds9) instead of names, is this one of the issues with the incompatibility?
    Yes, I fixed that one also.

Just burned his ISO

whats the svn address?

Just burned his ISO

Question Re: Kisgearth 0.1f

I would also appreciate the svn address (forgive me if it is posted somewhere else). I'm running the VMWare bt4 r1 release and the kisgearth.pl installed there is choking on both kismet newcore and oldcore input files.

oldcore input gives numerous:
    <code>Use of uninitialized value $net_color in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/kisgearth.pl line 1523.</code>

newcore input gives:
    <code>Use of uninitialized value $maxlat_in in subtraction (-) at /usr/bin/kisgearth.pl line 1345.
    Use of uninitialized value $minlat_in in addition (+) at /usr/bin/kisgearth.pl line 1346.
    Use of uninitialized value $net_color in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/kisgearth.pl line 1523.
    Use of uninitialized value $net_color in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/kisgearth.pl line 1523.
    Use of uninitialized value $TO in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/kisgearth.pl line 1606.
    ERROR: $net_count - $net_false_cnt is smaller or equal zero!
    ERROR: it seems that there is a problem with your input data file!
    ERROR: can not calculate the LookAt start position!</code>

Quote Originally Posted by InlandEmpire View Post
    whats the svn address?