Thread: New Social Networking Site for Hackers -> Z01

Just burned his ISO

Default New Social Networking Site for Hackers -> Z01

Hi Everyone

I hate to spam this here of all places but I need to ask some questions of the pros. I am currently developing a Facebook-styled social networking website specifically tailored for the security professionals out there. Our primary focus is black and white hacking and associated technologies, and will provide a secure environment for discussion, tool and technique swapping etc.

What would you, the pros and experts in your fields of expertise like to see in such a site? What kinds of features and capabilities would you really like? Please let me know...and I'll make it happen...

Thanks Guys!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: New Social Networking Site for Hackers -> Z01

In this thread by you http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...tml#post158946
    You wanted a guide on how to use Aircrack-ng which totally indicates you don't even know how to use google, yet here you want to start a security professional's website.
    Seems kind of strange to me.
    Bottom line you are free to do what you want on as far as making a website. I would suggest however you don't go using the BT and or OFF-SEC names, trying to pass it off as yours.
    I would realistically tell you that your talents may be better off in other places. I mean there are a ton of websites hosted by companies and individuals with way more experience and or resources in this area.

Just burned his ISO

EPIC!

Just burned his ISO

I was unaware of the usage of Z01 by others as I've been using Z01 as the name for my animation and technologies studios for YEARS now. As regards the website I'm pretty good at website design and coding, espcially 3D interfaces as my main area of expertise is 3D animation and games development. The idea behind the website concept was to create an area where people could exchange ideas and training - a FB-like hacking community. However if the hacking community wouldn't like something like this then by all means I'll take your advice and focus my attentions elsewhere. I just wanted to create something that I would have liked starting out.

Just burned his ISO

wew, nice idea, btw, where's the link? I wanna to sign up.

Someones going to post malicious links all over site and infect every one. Years ago I was running a forum. Long before I was into security, I couldn't keep up with the amount pron and malware that was posted. Eventually I had to start over. Just my experience. I am by far not on the same levels as some of the other folks on this site. But it remains, no matter how good the web coding is, there is always going to be a vulnerability. Didn't mean to sound harsh, just my two cents.

Wow.....just wow!

On a related note what happened to the "Report this thread" button?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    On a related note what happened to the "Report this thread" button?
    It is in the bottom left hand corner of each post below user name info. The should be a black warning triangle with an exclamation point in it.
    Hovering the mouse over it should bring up the "report post" box near your cursor.

Thanks Archangel-Amael, I actually just clued in to it on another thread and came back here to edit my post. Seems I wasn't quick enough I think I was too used to the old system where it was in the upper right....anyway all good. Thanks!
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.