Thread: UCsniff 3.0 installation problems

Default UCsniff 3.0 installation problems

I was trying to install UCsniff 3.0 (UCSniff with GUI, FFmpeg, and Realtime Monitor (Recommended)), however I've run into a problem concerning libvlc-dev.

I know that the forum relates only to BT, but I know that several members have updated to UCsniff 3.0 so I was hoping someone could give me some insight. Also correct me if I'm wrong but someone on the board (AA I believe) noted that it should work by simply getting the deb pack and installing?

Anyway following these instructions; UCSniff IP Video Sniffer UCSniff with GUI, FFmpeg, and Realtime Monitor (Recommended) after getting the dependencies;

Code:
    apt-get install libvlc-dev
    Doesn't work as it isn't included in the BT4 repo, so I tried adding other repos and downloading it from there (including Ubuntu's repo and sourceforge), but to no avail because it is dependent on libc6-dev among others to which I get this:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    libc-dev-bin: Depends: libc6 (> 2.10) but 2.8~20080505-0ubuntu9 is installed
    Recommends: manpages-dev but it is not installed
    libc6-dev: Depends: libc6 (= 2.10.2-6) but 2.8~20080505-0ubuntu9 is installed
    Updating these/Forcing an install doesn't work either and I'm at my wits end now.

Unfortunately I don't have an error log of what happenes when trying to install the libc debs because I ended up breaking the system so I just opted for a fresh reinstallation, but I believe I got a pipe error when aptitude tries to replace libc6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: UCsniff 3.0 installation problems

Sorry for replying to my own thread and bumping it up, but I was wondering how I would go about updating libc6 and the rest of the GNU C libraries (more so than is currently facilitated by the BT repo) since this is essentially the problem. And how can this be done without breaking all the files dependent on libc6?

Thanks

Bump - again

Just burned his ISO

I had the same issue and I solved it Look Here