Thread: Fluxbox menu

Post Fluxbox menu

I'm currently working on typing a menu for fluxbox up from scratch. I'm using the kde menu as a reference and I should be done pretty soon, I do realize that I could of used the bt3 fluxbox menu and just edited it for bt4 I just chose to do one from scratch. If anyone is interested I'd be more than happy to make it available when I'm finished, just let me know.

'Till then, kkkyle
    Last edited by kkkyle; 04-01-2010 at 04:17 AM.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Default Re: Fluxbox menu

KKKyle, I would love to see it when you are done. I started messing with it a while ago but school and work got in the way so it went by the wayside. Fluxbox is soooo much lighter on resources then KDE especially on some older machines I've got. I've relegated those boxes to CLI only but it would be nice to have a GUI for some things.
    I may have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth but it does not mean I like to be spoon fed.

Developer

The problem with flux box is that every time you install or uninstall a package you will have to edit the menu by hand. There is no way to automate it with the .desktop files we use. As long as you are cool with that then it will work fine.

@skinnypuppy: For sure, its getting there. Just time consuming...

@pureh@te: Yes, this the downfall to fluxbox, but i feel the freed up resources will pay off in the end (especially for me because i use a laptop for my backtrack machine).

Been busy lately but it should be finished in a couple of days. Then after a few more days of testing and working out the bugs and such I should be able to release it.

Sorry for the delay.

*Update*

The menu is finished and tested completely and everything works fine except for the exception of Smb4K and the Burpsuite Msf entries.

I'm having trouble with these two entries beyond belief and i just cant figure out whats wrong. I'm gonna try and ask around a couple irc channels and do some Googleing to try and figure this out. If i don't have any luck with that I'll post it and hopefully someone in the community can point out the issues.

Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 04-12-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Well, I haven't figured out either the Smb4K of Burpsuite Msf entries yet so I'm going to post it here for the public. If anyone figures out the problems PLEASE post the solution here so I can add it to the menu.

***Disclaimer***

The people here at BackTrack Linux are not responsible for this menu and will not support it, I personally will support it as best I can. Also, this being a fluxbox menu you will need to edit the menu manually if you choose to add or remove applications.

Please post any question you have here, so that they can be used for future reference,

Here is the link to the menu: Google Docs

I may write a howto on full fluxbox integration soon.

PLEASE POST FEEDBACK!!!