Thread: How to backup Windows 7 and BT4 Final dual boot with Acronis True Image 2010

Default How to backup Windows 7 and BT4 Final dual boot with Acronis True Image 2010

Hi guys I have recently encountered a problem when i try to backup win7 and Bt4 which i have as dual boot using Acronis True image program.The dual boot with win7 and bt4 final which is installed to my C Hardrive is working so sweet with grub starting up first ting and allowing me to choose My OS which i would like to use..It's working flawless.But I wanted to backup everything using Acronis but when i do it when i try to restore i get a couple issues and even when the restore is complete i get an Grub code 22 error at boot..and it seems like everything get's spoilt.Have any of u guys tried using acronis to backup your dual boot win7 and bt4 final installed to disk...If anyone has come across this problem and have found a workaround or can even let me know if it's even possible to do it your help will be greatly appreciated..Thanks.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: How to backup Windows 7 and BT4 Final dual boot with Acronis True Image 2010

Quote Originally Posted by platinumsteel View Post
    Hi guys I have recently encountered a problem when i try to backup win7 and Bt4 which i have as dual boot using Acronis True image program.The dual boot with win7 and bt4 final which is installed to my C Hardrive is working so sweet with grub starting up first ting and allowing me to choose My OS which i would like to use..It's working flawless.But I wanted to backup everything using Acronis but when i do it when i try to restore i get a couple issues and even when the restore is complete i get an Grub code 22 error at boot..and it seems like everything get's spoilt.Have any of u guys tried using acronis to backup your dual boot win7 and bt4 final installed to disk...If anyone has come across this problem and have found a workaround or can even let me know if it's even possible to do it your help will be greatly appreciated..Thanks.
    I have never used it but presumably it has written your partitions back to the disk and it's just grub that is borked.

You can try google for the super grub boot disk, this will let you boot the backtrack partition if it is still intact. At which point once you have that going you can reinstall grub to the mbr and get it to regenerate the grub menu.lst config file which will at a minimum get you booting into backtrack again, without the super grub boot cd or USB. Once you have that you can manually add an extra entry to your menu.lst file to chainload the windows 7 partition.

There are heaps of threads via google for doing all this I know because I have used them for all the times I have botched grub and the boot process. It is a great learning curve you learn lots by breaking and fixing them

cheers,
    crazytrain1978

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Re: How to backup Windows 7 and BT4 Final dual boot with Acronis True Image 2010

HI

I have much the same problem and really really appreciate if someone could provide us with some help on this problem.
    i install win7 and bt4, dual boot and run perfect , but can't generate the image using true image 2010 .

Is there another way to get that image with other software instead.

.... sorrry for my english, is not my native language..

Default Re: How to backup Windows 7 and BT4 Final dual boot with Acronis True Image 2010

hey guys well i eventually figured out my problem with the help of a friend on another forum..What happen is that my drive letters were all mixed up..Windows showed my dirve letters correctly but behind the doors they were completely mixed up...I used acronis disk director and it showed me the correct drive letters of all my drivers..no wonder acronis true image was having problems..So what i did was used acronis disk director to rename over all my drives..the main drive that i wanted my OS to be on i converted it to C and the ther drives came after as d e and f like in an order..So i suggest u use disk director and make sure all yur drive letters are correct for each drive ..then do over the dual boot with windows 7 first..then clip in backtrack 4 on it...i have had no issues since..works perfectly...any little issues u still have feel free to pm u..would be glad to help.