Quote Originally Posted by mixit View Post
Not sure if this deserves to be in the "How To" section, but I figured it might save someone a few headaches and a lot of googling.

I had the same problem with my laptops integrated wifi card AR9285, Tryed everything what people say on the forums, and nothing worked... Althought, i tryed everything to do with backtrack 3 till 4R2 on VMware, and i could not get it done.

But then i solved it !!! Actualy "UNetBootin" solved the problem, i have read somewhere about that software, downloaded it (Its Freeware) installed, and run backtrack, and it worked,.. It was there, on iwconfig, airmon... etc...

So what i have done... I have installed the UNetBootin on my Win 7, run it, made me an bootable USB for Backtrack 4R2 (its very easy), its just few clicks but it takes 10 min to Unetbootin do write it on usb stick/ usb hard drive, and then i rebooted my laptop, run and boot Backtrack 4R2 from usb... When it boot up, it was there !!
No installation of drivers necesary,..

On earlyer versions of BT it didnt work, cause i think, they didnt had the drivers in it. (or i did something wrong every f*ck*ng time) And i tryed instaling them, bouth drivers and BTs, using VMWare or USB boot, it did not worket...

But now it does, hope you all who need, can solve the problem, i solved it this way...