Thread: What is the minimum space needed to install backtrack 4 final iso ?

Just burned his ISO

Default What is the minimum space needed to install backtrack 4 final iso ?

Hello to everyone, this is my first post, I have windows 7 ultimate & want to dual boot it with backtrack 4 final, what is the minimum space needed to install backtrack 4 final iso ?

Default re: What is the minimum space needed to install backtrack 4 final iso ?

Depends on what you want to do. You could maybe fit the initial install within 6 GB, but you will run out of space quickly once you start to install updates or additional software. I have a virtual machine with a 8GB drive thats only had updates applied and its 89% full at the moment. Id suggest a minimum of 10GB, but you may need more if you want to store large wordlists do big packet captures, etc, etc.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: What is the minimum space needed to install backtrack 4 final iso ?

Yup..if u have huge HD like 320 or 500 gigd then better install BT4 on a 50gb partition.
    Updates, Softwares installation, good and huge password lists for WPA, still specific WPA tables takes good amount of space..Trust me you will never regret for giving that much space to this distro. If you truely luv this linux version u vll never need windows...

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: What is the minimum space needed to install backtrack 4 final iso ?

I just installed BT4 in virtual box under OS X, and it is using roughly 5.93GB of space.

cheers