Thread: I Need Alittle Help Please

Just burned his ISO

Question I Need Alittle Help Please

Hi, Im New To Back Track. A Little Info First. I Dowloaded Back Track 3 And Back Track 4. Back Track 3 Works Better For Me. It Works As A OS for Me When Back Track 4 Doesnt Show A Desktop Sorta View As Number 3 Does. Back Track 4 Stays On The Loading Screen And Doesnt Show The Desk Top View As Back Track 3 Does. Well. Thats Not The Problem So Never Mind All That.

Now I Use Windows 7 ( i see backtrack being used with linux, dont know if me using windows is the problem but it seems to boot up using it and everything works fine, almost)

The Problem: I Have 2 Different Internet Connections Here At My House. I Have A Cable With Router On 1 Computer, But I Also Have Another Computer That Feeds Off Connection #2 Which Is Wireless. Now, This Is The Thing. Im Using A Wireless Usb Card In My Cable Connected Computer To Try To Connect To My Wireless Router Which Is Secured With WEP. The Wireless USB Card Im Using Is: SMC EZ Connect g 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter.

I Got All The Commands To Crack My Security On The Wireless. But My Wireless Usb Adapter Isnt Injecting At All. Everything Runs Correct Except The Data Never Increases. It Stays At 0. What Can I Do To Get This To Work Right?

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated Thank You

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: I Need Alittle Help Please

ok well let me rephrase somethings (after getting a infraction).

i was just wondering, since obviously my wireless card is compatiable cause it picks up my wireless signal, do other topics that speak of almost the same thing also refer to my card? i have read most of the forums and dont know if i should be looking for info on my specific card, or if the trail im following is for all cards with my exact same problem. also i would like to make a sugesstion. instead of giving people infractions for their post (since it seems i got one cause there might be another post in refrence to my problem) could the admin also add a link to the correct answer? like i said i must be looking for the wrong thing cause im mostly looking for info on my specific wireless card

Not much since you didn't bother to post the procedure you've used so far.
    Give detail commands you are using and the output they provide. Then maybe we'll be able to help you.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

You're stating that your ,,card is not injecting thus #Data value doesn't increase+ SMC EZ Connect g 802.11g,,
    -That is enough to go google.
    Btw, could you explain more clearly your network?
    ,,Im Using A Wireless Usb Card In My Cable Connected Computer To Try To Connect To My Wireless Router Which Is Secured With WEP.,,???
    What/where is that router connected to then?

I Need Alittle Help Please
    Please use descriptive titles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture0969 View Post
    ok well let me rephrase somethings (after getting a infraction).

i was just wondering, since obviously my wireless card is compatiable cause it picks up my wireless signal, do other topics that speak of almost the same thing also refer to my card? i have read most of the forums and dont know if i should be looking for info on my specific card, or if the trail im following is for all cards with my exact same problem. also i would like to make a sugesstion. instead of giving people infractions for their post (since it seems i got one cause there might be another post in refrence to my problem) could the admin also add a link to the correct answer? like i said i must be looking for the wrong thing cause im mostly looking for info on my specific wireless card
    The infraction you received was a "Thread title Rule violation" and the message told you to reread the forum rules.

Since this was obviously not straightforward enough for you let me explain further.

The forum rules are here:
    Forum Rules | BackTrack Linux - Penetration Testing Distribution

There are links to those very rules in the README sticky threads in each of the open forums. In addition the conditions of joining this forum required you to read those rules.

One of the forum rules is as follows:

Use sensible descriptive titles in your posts – not titles such as “Please Help!!” or “Need Assistance” or “what Am I Doing Wrong?” etc
    The title you chose for this thread was not descriptive, and violated this rule and that is why you received the infraction.

In addition, the mods and admins are not here to do your searching for you.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

ok after almost 4 hours of reading different things i found out what it was. thanks for all yalls help