Thread: Interactive Packet Replay

Just burned his ISO

Default Interactive Packet Replay

I'm trying to show my cousins how insecure their network is with 64 bit wep but they refuse to believe me. They turned all their PC's off and gave me 2 hours. I thought it would be easy but I failed.

I' used the BT 4 Live CD with a Intel 3945ABG.

I first authenticated with the network using:

aireplay-ng -1 3000 -e MyCousinsNetwork -a XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX -h XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX -o 1 -q 10 wlan0
    I authenticated fine.

My next move was to use interactive packet replay because they shut their PC's down. I would have used injection if they had stayed up and were generating traffic. So I entered this command:

aireplay-ng -2 -b XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX -h XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX -c FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF -p 0841 wlan0
    When I do an
    airodump-ng -w COUSINS --bssid XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX -c 8 wlan0
    I see myself as authenticated on the network.

These commands did not generate enough traffic at all in 2 hours.

So did I do anything wrong or is it just my wireless card?

Default Re: Interactive Packet Replay

You're actions are incomplete.
    Google chopchop wep attack.

This is more than enough to get you going. Don't just follow someone else's tutorials without actually knowing what you are about to do. Test only on networks you have explicit permission to use or even better on your own.

On another note, please stop using your family as an excuse to ask a question. If it's a legit one it will probably get answered. Adding your cousins to the plot just makes your story less plausible and makes you look like you're trying to hide something.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

There are several things wrong with your commands, but since it appears you're trying to gain access to a network that doesn't belong to you (we've heard the "my neighbor", "my girlfriend", "my cousin", etc. "wants me to prove their network is not secure", or "we've got a bet" routines ad infinitum), so we're reluctant to point you in the right direction. That sort of thing is not sanctioned around here. Sorry.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you I will google that.

This is my cousins network. That is why I had the time contraint. I can tell you the exact router model if that makes a difference: Linksys WRT-160n. I have no reason to hack into my neighbor's garbage internet. I have Verizon FIOS 20/5. Thanks for assuming I'm some loser script kiddie with nothing better to do though! <3

I didn't just follow somebody's tutorial. I am not completely inedept at using Linux. I run Suse 9 and 11 on my home servers. I used man aireplay-ng and tried to figure it out with some research online. When my research failed I came to the source of BT looking for some help. If you think I didn't do enough research, or you think I'm trying to hack my neighbor's internet, then nobody is forcing you to reply. I believe I came in respectfully and posted the exact commands and hardware I am using.

-knickfan

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

I don't believe you and so I will close this thread so that you don't get banned for asking things that we do not condone which is plainly and clearly stated in the rules you read and agreed to uphold.