Thread: asus 10005pe with 1 usb wifi card and 1 internal need to have usb be default???

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation asus 10005pe with 1 usb wifi card and 1 internal need to have usb be default???

so i have a netbook with bt4 on hd and im new to linux , i have a usb wifi stick, the internal works fine
    and the usb works fine but sometimes when i start up the usb is wlan0 and my internal is wlan1 this is what i want
    but 9 out of 10 when i start up and usb is plugged in thats not the case the usb is wlan1 .is there a conf file that handles that in /etc/ .i tried looking in etc/ got nothing please help
    the reason i want this is because the usb wifi card has better sig and when i want to connetc to internet i cant on wlan1 --usb
    or i dont really know how can somebody please give me the run down it driving me crazy
    ########################################
    ##boot with usb wifi = wlan1 9 out of 10################
    ##boot without and then plug in = wlan1#######################
    ###############################################
    ##need usb wifi = wlan0 and get inet from it to do airdrop ,mitm ect....#####
    ##checked .conf files in etc/ got nothing########################
    ##need to know how to connect to wifi on wlan1 is probley the easist way ###

Default Re: asus 10005pe with 1 usb wifi card and 1 internal need to have usb be default???

Have you considered disabling the internal wifi in BIOS, so BackTrack will only find the USB stick? That's probably easiest, but I'm new to this too.

While we're at it, how did you get the internal card to work, I'm on a 1005PE and my internal card isn't working yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jackcrack View Post
    so i have a netbook with bt4 on hd and im new to linux , i have a usb wifi stick, the internal works fine
    and the usb works fine but sometimes when i start up the usb is wlan0 and my internal is wlan1 this is what i want
    but 9 out of 10 when i start up and usb is plugged in thats not the case the usb is wlan1 .is there a conf file that handles that in /etc/ .i tried looking in etc/ got nothing please help
    the reason i want this is because the usb wifi card has better sig and when i want to connetc to internet i cant on wlan1 --usb
    or i dont really know how can somebody please give me the run down it driving me crazy
    ########################################
    ##boot with usb wifi = wlan1 9 out of 10################
    ##boot without and then plug in = wlan1#######################
    ##need usb wifi = wlan0 and get inet from it to do airdrop ,mitm ect....#####
    ##checked .conf files in etc/ got nothing########################
    ##need to know how to connect to wifi on wlan1 is probley the easist way ###

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: asus 10005pe with 1 usb wifi card and 1 internal need to have usb be default???

i need both to work but would like to connect with usb only and airdrp with internal

Quote Originally Posted by jackcrack View Post
    i need both to work but would like to connect with usb only and airdrp with internal
    This is how i turn off my internal and use my usb wifi card.
    modprobe -r wl Then you can use wepbuster correctly!