Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm not sure the BT4 is suitable for me

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: I'm not sure the BT4 is suitable for me

think you very much.er...i'd better leave the backtrack to ubuntu.but,i believe...no,i'm sure that i will back to the backtrack in the future.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Well in my opinion, if you want to reach ULTIMATE nerd status and be a hit with the ladies, there is no option but to use Backtrack has your main O.S.
    All jokes aside Backtrack is a very very specific O.S. And if you dont work in the infosec industry or infosec is not atleast your main hobby/intrest, and you are not an 3l173 h4x0r, one really does not need to use the platform or it`s features.
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Just burned his ISO

After finally having the honor of taking an intro to Linux class at school, Linux really isn't the hardest thing in the world to do. If you really want to learn Linux in a structured fashion I suggest you visit this link:

Prabhaker Mateti

Click on the CEG233 link. Then print out each lesson now because I believe all that info will disappear in about 4 weeks. This is my professor's teaching website. Coincidentally his main interest lies in computer security. Someday I plan on being a lab T.A. for his Internet Security class.

Anyways right now learn all the basics in that link. It has windows as well, but totally unimportant. For now I'd have you skip over regular expressions until you have an understanding of the basics of linux. Then study reg ex and scripting. Powerful stuff once you learn that.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stevo937 View Post
    After finally having the honor of taking an intro to Linux class at school, Linux really isn't the hardest thing in the world to do. If you really want to learn Linux in a structured fashion I suggest you visit this link:
    At least you are learning. Good luck.

I started off with Ubuntu 6.10 back in 2006. Its all a bit frightening at first. Especially if your used to windows. Especially if your using Windows 7 where everything is handed to you on a silver platter. Once you get the hang of one thing, everything starts to make sense. Backtrack is only 'harder' to use than Ubuntu because you have to use a command line interface rather than a nice GUI most of the time, and it requires a lot more knowledge to utilize the tools included. But a quick Google search will always sort you out. If you are interested in an Infosec career, then Id definitely recommend installing it as your main operating system, Jumping right in helps you to adjust much quicker, although at times it can be frustrating as the simplest thing in windows, might be really confusing to achieve, But like i said, Google it and your good to go. Personally Im currently doing a degree which will land me right in the Infosec lap. It just goes to show how you can work doing one of your hobbies. And the community here will certainly help you along your way. Good Luck mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12