Thread: DHCP not resolving proper address

Just burned his ISO

Default DHCP not resolving proper address

I have BackTrack 4 PreFinal running on a Dell Inspiron E1505. I have run into a problem connecting to wireless networks. I have the wireless card (wlan0) up and running, and I started wicd and networking and everything. However when I try to connect to the AP, I get a 192.168.xxx.xxx address. When I run "sudo dhclient wlan0", the first thing it says is "wmaster0: unknown hardware address type 801." I'm not sure where the wmaster0 came from or what it means. I know the DHCP server on the network is functioning properly, and I can also connect if I switch the first two octets manually to the network's standard octets, and manually specify the default gateway. However I must do this every time it tries to get a new lease.

Ideally I'd like it to connect and resolve an IP address through Wicd without any command line stuff every time. Can anyone point me to what might be causing my problems? It seems to be an issue with dhclient but I can't seem to figure what's up.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: DHCP not resolving proper address

Once again for the fifth time today, we do not support Bt4 pre-final. Please upgrade and try again.