Thread: XPlico update in repo causes apache2 error

Good friend of the forums gunrunr's Avatar

Default XPlico update in repo causes apache2 error

I updated Nmap and XPLico today as part of my weekly update of BT4, and attempted to start xplico which gave this error:
    Code:
    Starting web server: apache2apache2: Syntax error on line 281 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-xplico:: No such file or directory
    failed!
    I changed the apache2.conf line 281 to read /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-xplico: yet it can not find the file that this is directed to.
    Actually i had trouble finding any sign of XPlico on my system after the update, i also tried reinstalling it from the repos as well. Its directory isn't found in /opt or in /pentest

TIA

An update to above problem, just installed vmware version to my main desktop pc, and updated all packages through repos. The XPlico on my desktop install works fine, so i reinstalled apache2 on my laptop and then xplico, and its still not working. The install on my laptop is to the harddrive.
    i have one other laptop that i use for work with the vmware image on it, so im gonna try the same thing as the desktop, if it works, i guess ii'll just have to move my my handshake files and caps off my hdd install and reinstall BT4

sweet reinstalled bt4, installed xplico, everythings ok ftw
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 03-30-2010 at 09:59 PM.