Thread: Cannot connect to the interenet with wifi or ethernet

Just burned his ISO

Default Cannot connect to the interenet with wifi or ethernet

Hi everyone. Ive just installed bt4. I used wicd to connect to wifi but i want to connect to the ethernet with usb or normal phone cable but i cant. I installed network manager but it didnt work so i try wicd but network manager delete my wicd. Now i cant connect to wifi or ethernet. I cant use usb memory because when i plug any to my usb i got error. I tried to format this memory but none of this idea work. Please help me with connecting to the net with ethernet and with using usb memory. I have another problem with my gsm modem. I have gsm modem like ZTE MF 100 and i dont know how to use it on BT4. Sorry for my pour english. Im looking forward for hearing from you

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Cannot connect to the interenet with wifi or ethernet

RTFM.

Check the sticky networking start first for exemple.

=)

Default Re: Cannot connect to the interenet with wifi or ethernet

i recently had a similar problem when i installed BT4 to HDD, have you looked in the system folder? not the system menu, but the system folder above in start menu. navigate to users and groups, it's probably worth making a new user account(desktop) and obviouslt change root password, and of course desktop accounts password should be different and just make a note of the passwords and what belongs to what. you will need the root password when you want to install stuff.

i don't know if this is recommended but on my system in root user, click properties and it will come up with 3 tabs, click user privileges. i checked all the boxes for root and my desktop account(limited to what settings you make)

once you have done all that and made necessary changes, logout of root, and login with your desktop username i.e. sheep
    if it is ok, you should be able to go into WICD and search for wireless. im not an expert so always doublecheck what your told is right...

i may have made a mistake allowing everything in root privileges.

good luck.
    ak