Thread: Monitor Goes black every 10min, how to change?

Just burned his ISO

Default Monitor Goes black every 10min, how to change?

The monitor keeps going black til i move the mouse every 10 minutes, i cant find anywhere where to turn that off, getting really annoying while trying to watch a movie? Anyone know where the settings for that is?

I'd say BT doesn't aim at being used as an everyday distrib. If you're trying to watch a movie, Ubuntu will do. And if you know how to do it on ubuntu, you'll know on BT.

And, I don't know how to put that... You're using BT, so I guess that's for pentesting, etc. and you don't even know how to disable the screensaver ? You don't even know how to ask google for something that might help you... Appalling.

Your lack of knowledge is ok, I can't blame you for it. But it seems obvious that BT is aimed to be used by people knowing linux. If you don't and you want to learn, begin with google and swebsites about Ubuntu or Debian. And if you don't want to learn, Ubuntu may be a clever choice.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebellbell View Post
    The monitor keeps going black til i move the mouse every 10 minutes, i cant find anywhere where to turn that off, getting really annoying while trying to watch a movie? Anyone know where the settings for that is?
    If you mean the screen saver in the gui then click on screensaver in the menu and change it.
    If you mean the screen saver in framebuffer mode before you start the gui then
    # setterm -blank 0 > /dev/tty0 where /dev/tty0 is the terminal you are using. More than likely this is 0
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.