Thread: iwl3945 & airebase & dhcpd3 not working

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question iwl3945 & airebase & dhcpd3 not working

Hello.

Not sure if i should post this in the bugs, hardware or this forum.
    Anyhoo... I got this oldish Sony vaio. Intel onboard wifi chipset, BT4 final loaded iwl3945, iwlcore and mac80211. It connects fine, injects fine, monitors fine, but when i setup a fake AP i got issues. Broadcasts the AP normally, other computers see the AP, but when connected to it they simply don't receive an IP from dhcpd3. At first i thought it was me doing something wrong, so i wrote down a small script and changed various values to see where was the problem (changing the dhcpd.conf, the AP parameters, etc etc). Then i tested the script with a Toshiba NB100 and it worked fine. AP up and running, clients connecting and getting assigned an IP. Googled around for iwl3945, found an other driver pack (compat-wireless with iwlwifi) which i compiled & installed, and then the wifi didn't work at all (error at loading micro code, ifconfig didnt work at all, etc). So i uninstalled and im stuck at this.
    I realize my problem isnt a biggie. Most likely will get a usb dongle to use for testing honeypot and fake APs, but its annoying. Anyone had any simular issue, or any experience on this issue ? Thanks in advance!

Just burned his ISO

Have you tried turning on WEP on your fake AP and set a WEP-key?
    Does that change anything?

(airbase-ng -W 1 -w 0123456789 ...)

i can confirm this on the Final.it worked in the beta(not prebeta).
    on the final you should use
    /etc/init.d/dhcp3-server restart

Just burned his ISO

Hey fluveritz

Just tried it, and clients couldn't associate with BSSID.
    The airbase-ng output was: Broken SKA: {mac address} (expected 151, got 32 bytes)

I tried different settings, tried not setting masquerading or routing, just starting an AP and assigning IPs on the interface, but nothing...

I also tried the same settings on my NB100 eepc, and guess what? it works fine!
    Also, when i setup the fakeAP from the NB100, i cannot connect to it from my BT4 sony vaio (the same one that has the problem setting up a fakeAP). So im thinking my problem is with the wireless driver or the wireless chipset on the vaio...