Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GrimWepa : WEP/WPA Cracker (BT4)

Hybrid View

Arrow GrimWepa : WEP/WPA Cracker (BT4)

Hi everyone,

I'm a big fan of these forums and have learned a lifetime of information simply by reading and lurking. I'm an up-and-coming programmer and I wanted to give something back to the community...

Grim Wepa [v0.5] is currently in beta mode, and I'm looking for testers!
    The program is available on Google Code at:

code.google.com/p/grimwepa/

Grim Wepa is heavily influenced by SpoonWEP and SpoonWPA; both in GUI and functionality. I am a fan of ShamanVirtuel's work and wanted to see if I could create something similar.

The Spoon suite (SpoonWEP/2, SpoonWPA) wasn't working properly for me on BT4, so I wrote this program in Java to automate WEP and WPA cracking.

GrimWepa does NOT include a fancy new cracking method: It is the same tried-and-true methods that we are all accustomed to (aircrack-ng, airodump-ng, aireplay-ng, and the like). GrimWepa merely automates the running of these scripts in an easy-to-use GUI format.

I've only been able to test each option briefly, and some attacks have been completely unsuccessful (Chop-chop and Cafe-latte refuse to generate packets on my router). Fragmentation, ARP replay, and -p0841 work very well, as does the WPA handshake capture + wordlist attack.

I have posted the source code (not to v0.6, but a recent revision) to allow others to aid in developing if they wish. If you want to compile the program yourself, you can access the source using the console command:

svn checkout http[colon]//grimwepa.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Note: use a real colon : instead of [colon] to properly checkout the code. (I'm not allowed to post full URLs yet!)

Some files that are in the .jar file are not included in the source (such as default_pw.txt and README.txt), so be aware. You will also need the app "javac" to compile the source code (javac is available in the sun-java6-jdk install package).

For those that don't want to compile themselves, just download the .jar file and type:

java -jar grimwepa_0.5.jar

at the console to get started.

Enjoy!

-Derv

Just burned his ISO

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking Thanks!

Thanks prince_vegeta!

I completely forgot that I posted GrimWepa on this forum... I've done a lot more updates, suggestion-filling, etc, over at the new backtrack-linux forums:

...Don't forget to add the www ...

backtrack-linux.org/forums/experts-forum/1266-advice-my-wep-wpa-cracker.html

I'm thinking about releasing GrimWepa to the masses (Newbie Area / Beginner's Forum), but I wanted to make sure all the bugs were worked out first.

P.S. I LOVE FEEDBACK!!!

Derv

Just burned his ISO

I use my grimwepa in backtrack 4 but grimwepa not work correctly in konsole always took writing Error: FileNotFoundException: File: /pentest/wireless/grimwepa/targets-01.csv
    please help when

my wifi was set to monitor mode

Hey ndoenkz,

I'm sorry you're having problems with Grim Wepa.

You said:
    ...grimwepa not work correctly in konsole always took writing Error: FileNotFoundException: File: /pentest/wireless/grimwepa/targets-01.csv
    Other people have reported getting the "FileNotFoundException" error before. The problem was resolved by choosing a different wireless interface (one person was using wlan0 and needed to use mon0 instead).

Also:
    Did you know GrimWepa can put your card into monitor mode for you? (At least it's supposed to). If you open GrimWepa and none of your cards are in monitor mode, it will ask you to select a card. After you select the card, it will put that card into montior mode and add it to the list of devices.

If you're still having problems, check out the Troubleshooting guide on the project homepage:

code.google.com/p/grimwepa/wiki/Troubleshooting

If you still have problems, email me at derv82 [at] gmail com

Just burned his ISO

can't use grimwepa,i've set my interface from wlan0 to mon0 but i
    can't use grimwepa,i use setting up with own grimwepa but in konsole
    stil took writing Error: FileNotFoundException: File:
    /pentest/wireless/grimwepa/targets-01.csv so i use airmon-ng but
    result remains the same

I also have sent an email to your
    thankz derv

Just burned his ISO imported_longjidin's Avatar

Keep the good job derv0..............its work nice on my machine

Default nice

nice thanks

I'm glad it's working for you guys!

Feel free to PM me with bug reports, comments, suggestions, or anything else.

The program has gone from a shitty v0.1 to a useful and stable v1.0 thanks to the help of forums members here and at backtrack-linux.

Thank you for the feedback, support, and patience!

If there's an option you want, PM me! You will get a reply and, if it's useful, you'll see it in the next version.

Derv

P.S. Just posted v1.03 Beta, if you guys are into testing new stuff...
    Code:
    grimwepa.googlecode.com/files/grimwepa_1.03.jar
    Not much has changed, a few minor bug fixes, but most noticably:
    • Sort access points by clicking on the column
    • Backup copy of handshake is saved when captured. Saved to filename of SSID
    • Cracked keys appear when access point is clicked. doesn't require program to be closed/reopened after a crack.

Just burned his ISO newquaymarc's Avatar

Default any updates

is this the end result?

i dont need anymore but didnt know if there
    was going to be any additions to proggy?

cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast