Thread: Fake AP and captive Portal

Just burned his ISO

Default Fake AP and captive Portal

Hi guys

i have been playing around with Rogue APs for a little while with Airbase and mitmap..

What i was thinking is if it would be possible to add a captive portal to the fake ap, so anyone who connects to it is redirected to a specific webpage.

I have tried messing with other captive portall/firewall programs like zeroshell and pfsense, but both of these run from a live cd and need a whole other computer to run.

i have heard you can achieve the captive portal by using iptables also..

if this is possible can some one explain how to do this in backtrack 4., and if there is any other possible ways as im pretty stuck..

thanks a lot...

Cee

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Have a good solid think about what you would call said captive portal if it were legitimate. Or perhaps the steps you would start to look into to create one for a legitimate purpose - say at a coffee shop you owned.

Now go look into the tools that are used to create that item.

I bet you can come back and answer your own question for the rest of the people who want to know There are some really simple ways to do it, and a lot of easily available pre-made tools as well.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

Hi tahnks for your reply..

I have sorted the problem, what i did was enter this code in the mitmap.sh source code and it worked fine..

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination <ip-of-http-server>:80

Another thing, is php enabled in the httpd server by default..

thanks..

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CeEe4 View Post
    Another thing, is php enabled in the httpd server by default..

thanks..
    Why don't you test it and find out?
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

i have tested it and it didnt work,

turned out the folders permissions were set wrong..

Just burned his ISO

What i was thinking is if it would be possible to add a captive portal to the fake ap, so anyone who connects to it is redirected to a specific webpage.
    Cee[/QUOTE]

its really hard to say what you want if you are trying to lock them down you can do it by the site's ip there are still many work arounds. if you are not going that route you could also just run a ettercap filter to send them to the page. kinda like if you were doing a free wifi hot spot when they connect give them something like index.html this is what i would use if it is the ladder

Just burned his ISO

Hi calico

With the ettercap dns_spoofing filter is there any way to redirect all traffic to a webserver, not jus certain websites... And can you redirect ip not just hostnames.. it similar to the windows hosts file..

With my problem i use iptables.. it done what i needed.

Just burned his ISO

seemed like site was down. anyway make your pwn filter and forward port 80 to your web server. run it and you should habe the effect you are looking for your going to learn how to write a filter and some server fun
    easy web server start is
    # start-apache
    so to make a long story short forwarding ports. learn the in's and out's yoou will use this knowage base many times