Thread: WEP Bruteforce without packets capturint

Just burned his ISO

Default WEP Bruteforce without packets capturint

Hi Is there a way to make bruteforce attack with dictionary file without having capturet network's packets? I want to do it that way, because my WLAN card doesn't support monitor mode.

So, any ideas how to do it?

PS: I was thinking about something like Hydra but with WLAN attack option...

Just burned his ISO

Hi I would like to know this as well since packet capturing is a big pita for me, something always goes wrong at one point or other and I have to spend hours and hours googling. But don't expect to get any help from anyone pro here. All they say is "Go google you noob" not considering that many of us HAVE googled our butts off, why do you think we're here? to get some HELP after failing to help ourselves, but nono we're all noobs who should go drown themselves in google, might as well as close the forums down and instead post a link to google. I came to this forum (named NEWBIE AREA) in hopes of getting some help, as a NEWBIE to pentesting, but all the high and mighty 'go google' people have seriously put me off this forum...

Sorry butt there is no other way to crack the WEP password without capturing IVS packets

Quote Originally Posted by rikomu View Post
    Hi I would like to know this as well since packet capturing is a big pita for me, something always goes wrong at one point or other and I have to spend hours and hours googling. But don't expect to get any help from anyone pro here. All they say is "Go google you noob" not considering that many of us HAVE googled our butts off, why do you think we're here? to get some HELP after failing to help ourselves, but nono we're all noobs who should go drown themselves in google, might as well as close the forums down and instead post a link to google. I came to this forum (named NEWBIE AREA) in hopes of getting some help, as a NEWBIE to pentesting, but all the high and mighty 'go google' people have seriously put me off this forum...
    Initial Note: In this post I will use words like "us"/"our" to refer the "mighty 'go google' people"...

Many of us were noobs too (who am I kidding? I'm still one... ) and I speak for myself when I say that it was very annoying to receive that kind of answers in the past. But now I thank those who gave me that answer, cause my google-fu skills are very improved and I can pretty much solve most of my problems just using google. And those I can't, I'll just keep searching cause i know that even if I don't find a solution, I'll definitely learn tons of new things that can be handy in the future.
    In addition to that, the forums are constantly being filled with questions that have been answered before. What else would you expect us to do? To spoonfed the answers to anyone thus encouraging the flooding of the forums with threads about the same questions over and over again? Ok, enough rambling. I'm just trying to give our point of view.

Maybe someday you'll understand... In the meantime, keep googling.