Thread: How to watch videos

Default How to watch videos

Hello..I seen some stuff on google were people are watching videos in Ubuntu. What im trying to do is download some videos and watch the video as i use backtrack. The only way i can learn is to practice and watch videos as i go.

I installed Backtrack 4 dual boot with Windows Vista 64 bit. So as of now i have to restart my computer and then go to back track and i would like to watch some videos

is there a command or something i need to download to get the video player to work?

thanks
    Big Mike

install vlc media do apt-get install in shell
    XP.sp3 | BT3F | 8GB SDHC 2GB RAM
    Asus EEE PC 701B
    bagito | manila pride :D

Quote Originally Posted by chivar.of.makati.ph View Post
    install vlc media do apt-get install in shell
    Ok i did apt-get isntall and i put the CD in and nothing played nothing pop up. Is there a command to get to my DVD player?
    What i did was from windows is drag and drop the movie on to the cd and let it burn.

any help on this please

thanks
    BM

Just downloaad the videos and watch them with vlc or totem or mplayer or gmplayer or................
    Or watch the videos in your browser without downloading.
    And please dont't ask how to dl the videos.
    I'm sure you now what google is good for...........

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
    Just downloaad the videos and watch them with vlc or totem or mplayer or gmplayer or................
    Or watch the videos in your browser without downloading.
    And please dont't ask how to dl the videos.
    I'm sure you now what google is good for...........
    Hi

lol thats funny. What i did was read the boards and did lots of hard core googleing for about 2 hours and i figured out how to get online with backtrack 4 using my dual boot vista..I also learned how to watch videos online but never did figured out how to do the apt get thing you suggested but all is good...

hey thanks for your help

I have a couple of issues with social engineering, metasploit and SET..i have some videos i can watch i seen at social-engineer.org .. been up all night trying to figure this out..didnt realise that all this was so hard but its fun as i go along..well once again thanks for you help

Big Mike