Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BT4 on VMware no network cards :/

But I still wonder, maybe it's possible to trick BackTrack into think that eth0 is a wireless drive... But then, in order to take full advantage of wifi card it need to have complete access and not the fake access granted by the VMware.
    Just thinking

Just burned his ISO

Dont think its possible without an external card after doing further research.

Need some suggestions for external cards

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by The Taxman View Post
    Dont think its possible without an external card after doing further research.

Need some suggestions for external cards
    bump this question

Saw this baby on best buy's site... Waiting on the chipset to see if it is compatible.... Anyone know if this is compatible with BT4? There are 2 different chip sets from what I read up on. One is and one isn't, but that was from a list when BT3 was out. BT4 having a different Kernel,.. is there a new compatibility list?

It's got a range of 2000' NICE!

Hawking Technology - Hi-Gain Wireless-G Desktop Dish Networking Adapter - HWU8DD

Just burned his ISO

does anyone know if you could get around this problem is you dual boot linux with windows?

Quote Originally Posted by The Taxman View Post
    does anyone know if you could get around this problem is you dual boot linux with windows?
    Booting natively in linux will allow the internal device to work as a wifi device.

For the ten billionth time.

NO INTERNAL WIFI DEVICE WILL WORK AS A WIFI DEVICE IN ANY VIRTUAL MACHINE ENVIRONMENT!

Unless it's an internal usb device, I guess they do exist. Really, it's been asked literally thousands of times here on this forum, it's even been suggested to have a big flashy banner at the top stating this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Unless it's an internal usb device, I guess they do exist.
    Yes, but they are so rare that i don't think it is worth mention. Only me and another member of this forums have reported this. 2 in thousands...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12