Thread: Alfa Network AWUS036H not working (No data/Not going up/Packets not generating)

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up Alfa Network AWUS036H not working (No data/Not going up/Packets not generating)

Hello,

I have recently purchased a Alfa Network AWUS036H and a 9 dBi antenna, the signal is great compared to my previous Linksys WUSB54G v4 but unfortunately it does not appear to be able to "Inject" / "Generate Packets" on the remote network (My netgear router)

In the past with my Linksys I have followed this tutorial:
    hxxp://thew0rd.com/2008/08/19/tutorial-cracking-wep-using-backtrack-3/

But unfortunately I'm having a problem when I reach this part

If this command is successful we will now generate many packets on the target network so that we can crack the KEY. Type:
    airplay-ng -3 -b [bssid] -h 00:11:22:33:44:66 [device]
    It simply does not generate any packets, the "Data" does not increase at all, I have tried again and again, even sitting next to the router but it still does not work, are there any problems with this adapter and generating packets?

Just burned his ISO

What firmware are you using on the AP? I've had this problem with a WRT54G running DD-WRT. It seems immune to injection.

The 036H is a great wireless card/chipset/usb.

Assuming you are using BT4, there are two different drivers in BT4 to support this card (rtl8187 and r8187). which one are you using?

For each one, the "device" in your command will be either mon0 or wlan1.

Which one are you using?

Your problem could be many things. But, as a test, do a "ping" on your desktop tied into the same AP. That should trigger a data flow.

A