Thread: proxy and sslstrip

Just burned his ISO

Default proxy and sslstrip

anyone know how i can setup a proxy in bt that will work with sslstrip to strip out the ssl encryption while passing through so i can capture the passwords while still allowing the data to go through from client to server? ive tried running squid and sslstrip on the same box that didnt work :P i guess things have to be forwarded correctly. thanks!

Default Re: proxy and sslstrip

Seems you're not the first to want to do this....have a look around:
    Let me google that for you
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

not much there i've always googled and searched before posting i guess to learn some basic things i need to study the whole program even though i just need a line or 2 of code to forward ports or uncomment some lines.

okay i got it working i went around it using my own way i installed ccproxy in windows and removed encryption then arp spoofed myself from backtrack in vmware. works great but im sure theres an easier way! on a side note anyone have a dd-wrt router? id like to try to forward everything that goes on in the router through the internet to the proxy anyone know how to do that? maybe some iptables command? i've tried http redirect in hotspot tab but doesnt seem to work might be meant for internal network.
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 11-02-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Default Re: proxy and sslstrip

See my earlier post on this forum about using Etherpuppet on the Linksys router runing dd-wrt.

Quote Originally Posted by bl0tch View Post
    okay i got it working i went around it using my own way i installed ccproxy in windows and removed encryption then arp spoofed myself from backtrack in vmware. works great but im sure theres an easier way! on a side note anyone have a dd-wrt router? id like to try to forward everything that goes on in the router through the internet to the proxy anyone know how to do that? maybe some iptables command? i've tried http redirect in hotspot tab but doesnt seem to work might be meant for internal network.