Thread: Help needed... anyone know if this works in linux / supports injecting?

Just burned his ISO

Default Help needed... anyone know if this works in linux / supports injecting?

I found this USB network adapter sku.31911 at dealexreme's site (Sorry but im not allowed to post links yet) and searched and searched but didn't find any useful information. Is this supported under linux or is there a better alternative for that money? I can't find out what chipset it uses so if anyone here has one or knows if it is supported i will welcome an answer.

Well, I am in good mood today. Here is the link:
    DealExtreme: $36.21 High Power 800mW 802.11n/b/g 150Mbps USB 2.0 WiFi Wireless Network Dongle

As far as I understand it's a custom made wifi card (TC-199) from Techsolo, for dealextreme.
    http://www.techsolo.net/

techsolo's site doesn't have any reference for that card.

You must notice that the more powerful (800mW) card doesn't necessarily mean the better.

For linux compatibility you must ask techsolo's site.

My advice is to avoid that card. It's very powerful (I think thats why isn't sold in Europe) and we don't know the chipset.

I am just saying.

Just burned his ISO

Default Adjust the txpower?

Can't i just set a lower txrate and and set a higher if i need it? I think i go for this one since i read that it works well with linux and backtrack 3 & 4. SKU.27541 at dealextreme's site. If anyone have any better usb network adapter to suggest for that money i welcome an alternative (sorry for my poor english). I think 500 mW would be a good txpower for normal use and 800 if i going longrange... But i will check the figures in netstumbler before i set the power. Im going to order these antennas to SKU.33016 and SKU.30029 also interested in suggestions / alternatives there.