I have been trying to get the arpspoof working, instead of ettercap, on my eeepc 4g which I have installed Backtrack 3 on. I understand that the line for the interface in the arp.c file needs to be changed to ath0 instead of eth0. When using gcc to compile the arp.c to arp I receive several errors and a few warnings. I would like to correct these errors myself. As I have not done a lot of programming in C some of these errors are not clear to me how to resolve.

I would appreciate any help with this, especially if you can point me in the right direction to learn how to fix the errors.

I downloaded the current dsniff package on another machine and put the arp.c source file in the /sbin/ directory.

When I run the command;

>gcc arp.c arp

I receive the following errors & warnings;

arp.c:11:20: error: config.h: No such file or directory
arp.c: In function 'arp_cache_lookup':
arp.c:98: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memset'
arp.c:100: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strncpy'
arp.c:106:25: warning: null characters(s) ignored
arp.c:106:287: warning: no newline at end of file
arp.c:37:1: error: unterminated #else
arp.c:106: error: 'AF_I' undeclared (first use in this function)
arp.c:106: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
arp.c:106: error: for each function it appears in.)
arp.c:106: error: expected ')' at end of input
arp.c:106: error: too few arguments to function 'socket'
arp.c:106: error: expected declaration or statement at end of input

I was wondering, also, if there was a difference between the source files I downloaded from dsniff and those used for the Backtrack 3 final usb? If so where would I be able to find just the arp.c file so I can change the appropriate line and recompile.

I did download the new arpspoof.c file that supposedly will allow any interface to work. Upon compiling I received even more compiling errors and decided to just try and get arp.c with the corrected line working first.

Thank you in advance for any assistance given.