Thread: Ping reply

Just burned his ISO

Default Ping reply

Hi

I just installed backtrack 4 final in VMware, i used backtrack 2,3 and pre final 4 and i have never had this problem ... after installing and configure networking ( in VMware the connection is Bridge ) and in backtrack the eth0 interface is geting ip address from the dhcp. The local ping from the shell is ok ... i can ping and the ping has reply ... but if i ping Google im getting no reply. But if i try to open oogle.com with firefox the page opens ... does anyone knows any solution for this ?

TNX in advance !

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

There is not support for bt4 final here
    BackTrack Linux
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Tnx for the reply
    The problem is that i dont have it just in bt4 ... i have it on ubuntu so and other linux mashines ... befor i format my pc ( that was 3 days ago ) the ping works well now i use the same mashine the same VMware software and the there it was ... the PROBLEM

Tnx again !

This isn't a Ubuntu or "other Linux" forum either. Ask the question in the BackTrack forums that archangel.amael linked to above.

Thread closed.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.