Thread: Some questions about DHCP and traceroute

Just burned his ISO

Default Some questions about DHCP and traceroute

Hi guys... In a few words - I'm using BT4 since about a week. I decided to test the security of my wifi router (and maximize it). I've passed the password easily (wasn't storng enought) And if I enable the DHCP I have no other problems... But if it's disabled I'm getting stuck (I still think that this can't stop expirienced ppl) I've read somewhere that gateway's IP and Subnet mask can be cought using traceroute but I don't know exactly how to do that (and continue with other security tests) .
    Can you help me?

I know of one way, im sure there are others but you can use wireshark.

If you sniff the packets you can see the start point and its destination ip. This technique often requires patience.

Then its just a case of either spoofing the ip's you see or trying an alternative.

Just burned his ISO

Wireshark looks cool... I've tried it but got some questions too. About the filtering... There are many AP's around and I've cought a pretty large number of packages. Checking 'em out will take a long time... I tried ot set some filter on... Tried "Ethernet addres" and set target - my AP's MAC but I didn't have had success... Can u give me some tips about targeting one AP (maybe SSID or MAC)