Thread: OT How come...

Just burned his ISO

Default OT How come...

Im wondering why there are 2 forums for BT?

It seems over here its alot more friendly as opposed to the "Holier then thou" attitudes at the remote exploit forums. I seriously mean no disrespect to any of the mods, I love* BT, and if the purpose was to give a forum to the BT users who are still learning their way around some(or all) of the tools and to let remote exploits forums be for the pros then thats a great idea.

I was wondering because it seemed that some of the Mods over at Remote forums almost deter certain people from learning how to use BT. While thats understandable as BT knowledge in the wrong hands or minds could wreak havok on the community..still you have to get users for the distro or it wont be worth maintaining.

Developer

Default Re: OT How come...

These are the new backtrack forums, the other forums are slowly being phased out. This will be the home of Backtrack and its support form now on.

Just burned his ISO

Will the old forums get merged with the new forums? The old forums had some good tutorials that still apply to BT4f.

btw, I miss your old avatar pureh@te

Quote Originally Posted by nullbyt3 View Post
    I was wondering because it seemed that some of the Mods over at Remote forums almost deter certain people from learning how to use BT.
    I don't think anybody has been deterring anybody to learn how to use Backtrack, they have been deterring people to learn Linux by using Backtrack which is the best advice you can give to someone new to Linux.

No they wont. There's too much trash in there for a full import (over 200,000 pages). If anyone would like to take upon themselves to help save some of the "best posts" from the old forums, we'd love it!
    We definitely don't deter people from learning to use BT, on the contrary. Yet we have to also filter out anything / anyone that seems even slightly in the wrong.

I am happy with this new forum. But I do think vbulltin cud do a better jobb in auto update clients when new post arrive.