Thread: Wordlist Generator Script - Revamping Original Wordlist

Hybrid View

mcurran

Default Wordlist Generator Script - Revamping Original Wordlist

Hello:

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a wordlist generator that takes an input/wordlist and modifies the dictionary entries in different ways and then outputs a newly generated wordlist. For instance, If I wanted to add number suffixes to entries in a custom wordlist containing five names like this:

Jim
    Bob
    Dave

The output file might have,

Jim123
    Bob123
    Dave123

I know this might be as simple as using sed or some other tool, but I would call myself a noob, as far as figuring out minor programming/script command syntaxes go in linux. I tried googling and found hundreds of people asking for similar tools, but never see any real answers. I'm looking for something a little more complex than this example, but I think if I figure this out, I might be able to do some other things like modify the first letter to lowercase/uppercase, add prefixes, suffixes as dates w/ "/" symbols and maybe add hexadecimal entries between first character and second somehow (thinking of python maybe).

Please let me know if you have any prewritten scripts you'd might like to share that resemble my task.

My wordlist will be for WPA-PSK testing and I know a simple custom wordlist modified several thousand times over will most likely produce better results than any shared dictionary file...

Thanks,

mcurran

You can try this one: Giga Password Generator, a simple way to generate customized wordlists . It is Crunch powered and it has some modes that allows you to add a mask before or / and after each line of your wordlist, the same way you want to do in your example. This script was originally made to run on Backtrack 3 Final, but if you want to run a similar task in Backtrack 4 you can just easily use Crunch which gives really nice results.

You can also make your own little script like this for example:

Code:
    while read line
    do
    echo $line$end
    done </path-to-your-input-file/$input > /path-to-your-output-file/$file
    where
    $end will be the mask you want to add after each line of your wordlist, like 123 in your example
    $input will be the name of your original wordlist
    $output will be the name of the modified wordlist, with 123 added after each line

I hope this helps.
    --~ Internet is in the air we are breathing, so it should be free for everyone. We'll get there, just wait and see... ~--

Just burned his ISO

I am not sure if this will help you, but it's a pretty cool but limited wordlist gen.. you enter a word or bunch of words it will create a full list of the same word but in different formats.. for example if you enter the word password it will create a list containing p@ssword P@55w0rd passw0rd.. etc etc.. the complete list.. it's good to try againest companies password as often they will use their name as a password.

anyway, if you want to play google wrdlstgen and it's on the scanit site!!

I think it's a nice program + it helps you make small wordlists to test them

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Doing stuff like sticking "123" on the end of words is easy to do with a one-line script.

Create a text file called "append123.sh" and put the following in it:

Code:
    echo "$1123"
    (I might have made a mistake in the above, I never write bash scripts and I'm working on a Microgay Gaydoze computer right now so I can't test it out)

Make the text file executable:

Code:
    chmod +x append123.sh
    Let's say you have a dictionary file called "dict.txt". You want to take every line from your dictionary file and let this script do its thing on it. You can achieve this using the "xargs" program, as follows:

Code:
    cat dict.txt | xargs append123.sh
    Of course, you can also create a bigger dictionary file by piping the output to a file:

Code:
    cat dict.txt | xargs append123.sh > bigger_dict.txt
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Of course, you can also create a bigger dictionary file by piping the output to a file:

Code:
    cat dict.txt | xargs append123.sh > bigger_dict.txt
    Code:
    [bleh:~] admin% cat append123.sh 
    #!/bin/sh

awk '/$/ {print $0 "123"}' "$1"

[bleh:~] admin% cat input.txt 
    gitsnik
    virchanza

[bleh:~] admin% sh append123.sh input.txt 
    gitsnik123
    virchanza123
    [bleh:~] admin%
    Note the blank line at the end was appended to anyway - best to sort -u that sort of thing out of the way.

Appending other stuff is fairly simple, duplcate the line one further down, and change "123" to the next bit.

If you want to you can use the "getline" aspect of awk to combine line 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 3 and 4 and so on.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.