Thread: Project ideas?

Default Project ideas?

hi guys,

i am in need of some ideas, i am currently doing my degree in networking and i need to produce a project.

i want to do my project on network security using backtrack e.g wep crack and pentesing the system.

this project has to be 15,000 words write up, so i need some ideas of what to do to pad it out to 15,000 words as i dont think just pentesting the system will be enough.

hope you can help guys all ideas would be most apprciated thanks

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roonie View Post
    hi guys,
    i am in need of some ideas, i am currently doing my degree in networking and i need to produce a project.i want to do my project on network security using backtrack e.g wep crack and pentesing the system.
    this project has to be 15,000 words write up, so i need some ideas of what to do to pad it out to 15,000 words as i dont think just pentesting the system will be enough.
    First post in the proper section the BT4 General Support Section is not for gathering your ideas.
    Second, WEP is Broke. That's 3 words, 6 if you explain what the acronym is.
    Further more is has been that way for years so you re-writing it in any number or order of words is nothing new.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    First post in the proper section the BT4 General Support Section is not for gathering your ideas.
    Second, WEP is Broke. That's 3 words, 6 if you explain what the acronym is.
    Further more is has been that way for years so you re-writing it in any number or order of words is nothing new.
    thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

hi guys,

i am in need of some ideas, i am currently doing my degree in networking and i need to produce a project.

i want to do my project on network security using backtrack e.g wep crack and pentesing the system.

You don't think that Pentesting a system won't yield a 15K word report, but cracking WEP will? I agree with my esteemed colleague that previously posted. Change your focus, WEP is nothing.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

thanks for pointing me in the right direction
    You are welcome.
    Now so that you don't get off on the wrong foot here.
    Here is something relatively new in the realm of computers and security.
    REAL ID Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Try something one that. I mean you are the one studying and needing to write something. With only telling us the word count of your document you are not giving us much to work with. Further more it is not really our job to do your research papers for you, nor come up with ideas. I mean if I came up with an idea I might as well submit it to your professor and get the credit for the class myself. Work with us and we can work with you.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    You are welcome.
    Now so that you don't get off on the wrong foot here.
    Here is something relatively new in the realm of computers and security.
    REAL ID Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Try something one that. I mean you are the one studying and needing to write something. With only telling us the word count of your document you are not giving us much to work with. Further more it is not really our job to do your research papers for you, nor come up with ideas. I mean if I came up with an idea I might as well submit it to your professor and get the credit for the class myself. Work with us and we can work with you.
    well my ideas were to crack a wireless system and then pentest the system. but i need ways to say how this can be protected i was thinking about suggesting the virtualisation of the network so everything is virtual and more secure.

those are my thoughts. thank you very much for all your feedback i will continue to do my research.