Thread: question?mitm arp poisening 2700hg lan wlan

Just burned his ISO

Default question?mitm arp poisening 2700hg lan wlan

hi
    i have searched high and low and have not figured this out.
    all i would like to know is if this is how this works ..if its possible.
    on a 2700hg router with a workstation vista on lan and the router is also set up with a wep...is it possible to mitm from a wlan inbetween the workstation and router?

Quote Originally Posted by faeded View Post
    hi
    i have searched high and low and have not figured this out.
    all i would like to know is if this is how this works ..if its possible.
    on a 2700hg router with a workstation vista on lan and the router is also set up with a wep...is it possible to mitm from a wlan inbetween the workstation and router?
    As long as you can join the network (i.e. have the WEP password) and the workstation is using the same router (i.e. you and the victim are on the same lan segment), Yes, it is possible to mitm and arp poison from the wlan side.

That being said, I'm not familiar with a 2700hg router, so if it does something like create a walled garden on the wlan side or have MAC security, you may be out of luck.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    As long as you can join the network (i.e. have the WEP password) and the workstation is using the same router (i.e. you and the victim are on the same lan segment), Yes, it is possible to mitm and arp poison from the wlan side.

That being said, I'm not familiar with a 2700hg router, so if it does something like create a walled garden on the wlan side or have MAC security, you may be out of luck.
    yes thankyou, you are correct....i dont suggest this hardware .