Thread: combining words in dictionaries

Just burned his ISO

Default combining words in dictionaries

hello everyone i kinda have a two part question - i'm testing out my own network security it's wpa so i ran a dictionary attack and that didn't work so that probably dissuades about 80% of people from trying to crack it. The password for our network is a word combination something like "frogtree" and i noticed that both the words are in the random wordlist i used. Can john the ripper combine each of the words in a wordlist and run them through aircrack?

for example if the word list was:

apple
    hello
    pie
    world

could i run: applehello, applepie, appleworld, helloapple, hellopie.....

if john can't do it I could probably write a quick python script to do it but would you know how to pipe the python script into aircrack?

much thanks as always

Just burned his ISO

hi, i'm not not sure how to solve your problem using JTR, but with aircrack-ng you can specify the words filename as - to tell it to read passwords from STDIN:

Code:
    ./your_script.py | aircrack-ng [your options] -w - capfile.cap

this bash shell script code should do what you want (Change the two instances of /your/dict/file to the location of the dictionary file u want to use ofcourse):

Code:
    ( cat /your/dict/file | while read word1; do
      cat /your/dict/file | while read word2; do
        echo "$word1$word2"
     done; done ) | aircrack-ng [your options] -w - capfile.cap
    hth

Just burned his ISO

great, thanks so much. I was working on the python script and having some problems piping it into aircrack. This bash script seems a lot more simple.