Thread: Dell E1505 Working :) w/ injection!

Default Dell E1505 Working :) w/ injection!

Board: Dell wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card Rev 3.6

Chip set: BCM4311/BCM2050

Worked right out of the box... standard commands too! Just run Airmon to find out the new device name. Nice! and I was about to go and waste $100 for a new dongle, lol..

Does this mean Broadcom cards will loose the stigma now? LOL... Now I just have to get bt4 on to usb..

Just burned his ISO

How is that? I have been trying and trying, and cannot get my dell e1505 to recognize the bcm4311 with backtrack4. Please help.... thanks.

Hey Fallen,

no problem,.. I just installed it on a DVD and it booted right up. Just remember to use the Airmon-ng command and double check what your interface's name is called. Mine went from eth1 to wlan0. Good for us cause now we don't need dongles . I hope this helps if not message me and I'll help the best I can and work out the bugs with yea!

Z

Just burned his ISO

Ok, it won't let me message you, but my problem is my bcm4311 shows up in my hardware info, and everywhere else as info, but won't show in any of my networking tools to set up a wireless network. It shows up as wlan0 in the info sections, but when I bring up network interfaces, it comes up with eth0 (my wired as I am sure you are aware) and a loopback interface, no wlan0. I have installed it on my dell and am dual booting Linux Mint 8 and Backtrack 4. I am working on a lot of reading right now and am setting up a practice lab soon. I appreciate any help with this, thanks.