Thread: Scapy2 issues...

Just burned his ISO

Default Scapy2 issues...

I'm not certain if this is the right place for this but...
    Every time I've attempted to download this update it fails with errors as does this other one. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

{E: /var/cache/apt/archives/libssh2_1.2.2-bt0_all.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libssh2.so.1', which is also in package libssh2-1
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/scapy2_2.1-bt1_all.deb: trying to overwrite `/opt/kde3/share/applications/external/scapy.desktop', which is also in package scapy-menu}

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    I'm not certain if this is the right place for this but...
    Every time I've attempted to download this update it fails with errors as does this other one. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

{E: /var/cache/apt/archives/libssh2_1.2.2-bt0_all.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libssh2.so.1', which is also in package libssh2-1
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/scapy2_2.1-bt1_all.deb: trying to overwrite `/opt/kde3/share/applications/external/scapy.desktop', which is also in package scapy-menu}
    im getting same errors Reload,havent figured it out yet,hope someone will shed some light.
    it happened after apt-get dist-upgrade
    thank you.............

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Sounds like a bit of a mess to me

Remove libssh2-1 and scapy-menu from the package manager and reinstall the backtrack packages. Maybe a member of the dev team may want to look at this ?

PS.

You haven't updated anything from another repo have you ? If so i'd say that's the reason that you may be getting these errors ?

PPS.

These issues may already be fixed in the final version of bt4 ?

Developer

This is fixed in the bt4-final iso

Default ??

yes but my broadcom drivers dont seem to work,in 4 final does it not have the b43-fwcutter installed?

Just burned his ISO

Smile

Thanks for the responses guys. I just finished installing the long awaited Holy Grail, I mean B|T 4 Final so I'll check it out. I'm in the process of trying to change my host listing from "bt" to the name of my partition. I think it's b\c I installed over the pre-release as opposed to scrubbing that part. and doing it clean. Um... But I'm digressing too much.
    (I think I was right the first time in naming it the Holy Grail.)

BTW, I've since reinstalled those packages and everything is working fine. Thanks again.

Just burned his ISO

Talking Higher Learning with pureh@te

Thanks for that lesson in pharmacology Pure! LOL I had to look it up and now my head has more questions than ever. Never even heard of it until now. Forever broadening my horizons...haha