Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm from China, may I ask how to break the Internet blockade

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation I'm from China, may I ask how to break the Internet blockade

Hello everyone, I'm from China, may I ask how to break the Internet blockade, feel free to browse the Internet, we are here blip-tv, and youtube in China have been blocked! Set up a lot of proxy server and still can not visit, ask you to think there is any good way?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm from China, may I ask how to break the Internet blockade, feel free to browse the Internet, we are here blip-tv, and youtube in China have been blocked! Set up a lot of proxy server and still can not visit, ask you to think there is any good way?
    While I understand your cause we can't give out information that may be considered illegal regardless of the country. However try this link:
    How to surf anonymously on the internet
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I like BackTrack also like this forum. Thank archangel.amael

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    While I understand your cause we can't give out information that may be considered illegal regardless of the country. However try this link:
    How to surf anonymously on the internet
    Good link, but I wonder if I can hijack the thread.(im a trol as you know)

This is mostly a question ( inquiring trols want to know). I'm just wondering about phrase "regardless of country". What if ownership of BT4 was illegal in a country? Or even ownership of port scanners? Should we remove "how to" videos that include those?

Basically the question is: Do we really try to enforce "illegal activity" forum rule against "illegal" as defined in all 195 countries in the world?

Hack the Planet! (As long as you own the planet, hacking the planet does not violate any federal or local laws, planet consented in writing, and it does not violate any End User Agreements on planet software or hardware).

Sin-cerely,
    Trol

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

The request was very specifically targeted at "how to break the Internet blockade" from within China. I think that pretty well covers the "i'm attempting to break the law" rule.

Even if I consider it every (other) citizens obligation to circumvent this sort of filtering, there are certain rules to consider - and an obvious attempt to bypass a governments (and presumably legal) filtering system is one of them.

Of course, I don't speak for the OffSec team, only as one armchair lawyer.

But coming from Australia, this sort of thing always pricks my interest these days
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    The request was very specifically targeted at "how to break the Internet blockade" from within China. I think that pretty well covers the "i'm attempting to break the law" rule.

Even if I consider it every (other) citizens obligation to circumvent this sort of filtering, there are certain rules to consider - and an obvious attempt to bypass a governments (and presumably legal) filtering system is one of them.

Of course, I don't speak for the OffSec team, only as one armchair lawyer.

But coming from Australia, this sort of thing always pricks my interest these days
    You of-course are right. In this case archangel.amael was 100% correct in his interpretation based on exact wording of the request.
    My interest was more how broadly or narrowly the forum rule should be interpreted. Does the question has to state or imply?
    "After the new laws went into effect here in Germany port scanners are hard to get, where do I download best port scanner?"
    OR
    "I was going to encrypt my hard drive, but here in France strong encryption is not available, How do i download Fedora 12, from US source?"

VS
    "where do I download best port scanner?"
    OR
    " How do i download Fedora 12, from US source ( while being from other country)?"

This questions wear not aimed at questioning specific action of our great moderating staff But just attempt at starting what I perceive to be interesting conversation (we all have our own quirks"

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

I have answered this in several other threads. It basically boils down to this. I only interpret what I see as illegal and as such, I don't presume, nor care to know the law in every country the world over.
    But if I feel that it would be in violation of the forum rules then I will enforce or make note of it. If there is a case that I don't know what to do then I generally go straight to Pure_hate and or Balding_Parrot and will ask for their advice.

EDIT: Further more every single post on the forum has a "report this post" button for those who wish to report violations of the forum rules.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation

I've been using proxychains but he blip-tv and youtube is useless, or can not access, I am helpless!

Just burned his ISO

Humm did you try to use Tor,

I v seen that s not easy to install due to internet search restriction but :

To install try :
    Step One: Download Tor. If blocked, there are mirrors and Google cache. w w w.torproject.org/finding-tor.h t m l

Step Two: Install Tor.

Step Three: Browse the wiki, etc.
    or :
    or those who couldn't figure out how to use the google cache to look for tor mirrors,
    these are a few of the mirrors for the Tor Website..
    tor.zdg-gmbh.eu/]Tor: anonymity online
    mirror.bjwonline.com/tor/
    w w w .theonionrouter.com/]Tor: anonymity online

Then try :

use bridges. see here: h t t p://cubiclemuses.com/cm/articles/2009/09/27/tor-blocked-in-china/]Cubicle Muses - Tor Blocked in China

Maybe it will help you (but BP is not > 10ko ...

Just burned his ISO imported_digitelle's Avatar

I think if it is the Chinese Government that has blocked access to blip-tv, youtube, and probably many other sites, do you really want to find a way to "break" that restriction.
    I think that would be a very bad move considering what a government force can do to an individual. From what I understand they are insanely brutal in China, but I could be wrong, can't believe everything I hear or read.

PS: The way I browse "anonymously" is anonymouse.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast