Thread: Back-Track 3 on Usb boot won't reconize intel wireless in Acer Aspire 5720 Laptop

Just burned his ISO

Cool Back-Track 3 on Usb boot won't reconize intel wireless in Acer Aspire 5720 Laptop

Hello, i'm new to backtrack 3. I have done an "USB" install of Back-Track 3, as i copied both the: Boot and the BT folder to my usb drive (4GB) and then, installed the MBR onto the usb stick.

When i boot up with the "USB" drive from the bios, it loads up well, but when i try to configure the network card, my is the: Intel wireless wifi link 4965AGN.
    driver version 11.1.1.22
    I also have a Net-Gear WG 111 v1 usb adapter for wireless internet...

After 5-10 seconds after boot, it will show a screen for configuring the netgear wg111 v1 one, but i will NOT even prompt me about the intel one, or even for configuring it. please help me, do i need some other software for the intel one or just a driver?

For the netgear one.....it shows up, but this time i have to go through some settings, after im done.... it still doesnt let me connect to a network or just says that the adapter is disabled or something.

Please help me with those two things....i will worry about the advanced stuff later on..but i must know the basics first.

Thanks

These two devices will require backtrack 4 as:

1) 4965 would have worked alot better under backtrack 4 as the driver available at the time had many issues for backtrack 3.

2) gw3887 (wg111v1) would work better with p54usb under backtrack4. The legacy islsm is largely defunct and lacks capabilities.

Judging by the lack of detailed description you have provided in getting these devices to work, your chances are very minimal if anything to get them to work well with injection let alone rfmon.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raghav View Post
    Hello, i'm new to backtrack 3. I have done an "USB" install of Back-Track 3, as i copied both the: Boot and the BT folder to my usb drive (4GB) and then, installed the MBR onto the usb stick.
    First you should probably upgrade to bt4 final. If that is not an option at least post in the correct section of the forum. The BT4 Non-Working hardware section has nothing to do with BT3.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.