Thread: Local Hard Drive not Detected

Just burned his ISO

Default Local Hard Drive not Detected

Evening people;I've donwloaded the pre release of BT4, created both USB and DVD installs which boot without error, all seems to be fine.

I have a DEll M65 laptop on hich I have XP installed. I've resived the XP partiton to free up around 40Gb of space on which I wanted to install BT4 for a dual boot setup.

I've read through several of the tutorials which seem to be, thanks to the authors, fairly straight forward but i have an issue where the local hard drive isn't detected 'properly'.

If I go into 'Wine' > 'Hard drives' it shows;
    C: ../drive_c
    D: /media/cdrom0
    H: /root
    Z: /

If then I go into 'Storage Media' and press 'F5' it disaplys in 'system:/media
    107G Media which is labeled 'system:/media/sda2 which has all the xp files in, &
    28G Media which is labeled 'system:/media/sda3 which is where the restore ghost image was factory installed.

If I type' mount' in console it shows;
    /dev/sda2 on /media/disk type fuseblk
    /dev/sda3 on /media/disk-1 type fuseblk

so it seems to be 'finding it-ish'?

If however I type;
    umount/mnt/dev/sda2 or sda3 it says no such file or directory.

Finally if i just double click the 'install.sh' or bring up 'ubiquity' at the partition screen no hard drive is displayed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by downloadkid View Post
    Evening people;I've donwloaded the pre release of BT4, created both USB and DVD installs which boot without error, all seems to be fine.

I have a DEll M65 laptop on hich I have XP installed. I've resived the XP partiton to free up around 40Gb of space on which I wanted to install BT4 for a dual boot setup.

I've read through several of the tutorials which seem to be, thanks to the authors, fairly straight forward but i have an issue where the local hard drive isn't detected 'properly'.

If I go into 'Wine' > 'Hard drives' it shows;
    C: ../drive_c
    D: /media/cdrom0
    H: /root
    Z: /

If then I go into 'Storage Media' and press 'F5' it disaplys in 'system:/media
    107G Media which is labeled 'system:/media/sda2 which has all the xp files in, &
    28G Media which is labeled 'system:/media/sda3 which is where the restore ghost image was factory installed.

If I type' mount' in console it shows;
    /dev/sda2 on /media/disk type fuseblk
    /dev/sda3 on /media/disk-1 type fuseblk

so it seems to be 'finding it-ish'?

If however I type;
    umount/mnt/dev/sda2 or sda3 it says no such file or directory.

Finally if i just double click the 'install.sh' or bring up 'ubiquity' at the partition screen no hard drive is displayed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, many thanks.
    Try umount /media/sda2 or sda3. There's no such place as /mnt/dev on your computer, which is what is throwing the error.

Just burned his ISO

Default Barry thanks for that....

In the end I had to type umount /media/disk and disk-1, now it can 'see' the hard drive.
    Again many thanks.