Thread: Will this laptop WiFi card work with Backtrack 4?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Will this laptop WiFi card work with Backtrack 4?

Hello,

I am going to change my laptop and most likely I will go after the Sony Vaio VGN-AW41ZF/B. Will this laptop's WiFi card work with Backtrack 4?
    Somewhere I saw that this laptop has the Intel Wireless Pro card but there are 4 different chipset types used in the Intel Wireless Pro cards!

Can anyone confirm please?

Thank you.

Just burned his ISO

There are countless pages detailing the supported chipsets. I'd first recommend determining exactly what chipset your new laptop's wireless card has, and the rest is just a simple search.

I hope this helps.

ifconfig the interface up and try to run aireplay-ng test to see if it will inject. If it does, then you are golden.
    "Failing to plan is planning to fail"

I personally would never own a Sony device capable of storing or recording data. As for the chipset onboard the laptop. It depends, so your best bet is to look around and to see exactly which chipset it does or better yet if and when you do decide to purchase it and receive it. Find out exactly what has.

P.S.: have lots of fun with Sony's DRM.

Dude that's a power house of a laptop but it weighs in at a whopping ! 3.8 KG ! Damn! Seriously, unless its a desktop replacement don't get it. Think about getting something small and light if you all ready have desktop machine. There is nothing portable about that machine and unless your built like The HulK that machine will be a pain in the back.

P.S: weight doesn't include power brick,external mouse, network cables, bag.
    Mathematical reasoning may be regarded rather schematically as the exercise of a combination of two facilities, which we may call intuition and ingenuity.