Thread: does alfa XL-325HP SUPPORT INJECTION!

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation does alfa XL-325HP SUPPORT INJECTION!

HI FRIENDS
    I HAVE ALFA PCMCI WIRELESS CARD WITH FOLLOWING DATA:
    MODEL: XL-325HP
    H/W REV : 2.3
    F/W REV :1.8.2
    FCC ID: M4Y-0325H

BACKTRACK3 AND BACKTRACK4 DIDNT DETECT MY CARD ,AFTER READING SOME THREADS ON THIS GREAT FORUM I MANAGED MY CARD TO BE DETECTED USING THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS:

modprobe hostap
    modprobe hostap_cs

after this using iwconfig command the card is identified as wifi0 and wlan1( prism 2.2.5),when selcting wifi0 on aircrack and spoonwep didn't work and search or scan and capture any station
    when selecting wlan1 ,the card scans normally on spoonwep and aircrak and detects a lot of stations,but the injection didn't work on both programmes ,knowing that i try to crack my router 64bit wep key as a test,using another dlink card working fine and cracking wep so fast(injection work),so does alfa card support injection or i need to execute more commands
    i prefer to use this card since it has a two external antenna connector with a a high power
    thanks

1) This card has a legacy chipset which won't work well with backtrack4. One of the main issue is that when you modprobe hostap_cs it will also load orinoco_cs. Therefore you will have at least 3 interfaces, wlanX, ethX and wifiX. These interfaces operate differently and have all various timings for the chipset.

2) There are no injection support since hostap_cs was not ported to mac80211 stack and the injection support has been broken since backtrack3. So you will need to use backtrack2 for this device. The orinoco_cs driver is not suitable for prism2 chipset as it was once noted on kismet's website that the timings of hermes vs prism chipset are different.