Thread: SEH Stack Based Windows Buffer Overflow Tutorial

Default SEH Stack Based Windows Buffer Overflow Tutorial

This is the second tutorial in a series of tutorials I am planning to write on writing buffer overflows.

Part 1 of the series is posted at the link below, and since the tutorials have been written to build upon the skills taught in previous entries I recommend that you do them in order.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/bac...-tutorial.html

The reasons for writing this series of tutorials is mentioned in the posting above.

BackTrack 4 PreFinal is used as the exploit development platform once more.

This tutorial recreates a exploit for a vulnerability recently discovered by Lincoln (this one) and is available at my blog at the link below.

The Grey Corner: SEH Stack Based Windows Buffer Overflow Tutorial

I have been discussing the creation of this tutorial with Lincoln, and he is planning to write a complementary post about how we went about discovering this vulnerability very soon. One of us will provide a link to this once it is done.

As before, questions are welcome here, but make sure you have successfully completed the first tutorial and made a decent effort to solve the problem on your own before posting.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Thumbs up thanks!

thank you Lupin!
    Can't wait for parts 2-10 (<- give trol an inch you loose an arm ...)

Now....a very nice blog (bookmarked and all) but no rss to feed the trol?

Besides we all know how secure rss is

I will share this tutorial with a friend at work who is just getting into this area... but unlike me he is actually an ISO. (im just a code monkey)

Sin-cerely,
    Trol

Quote Originally Posted by webtrol View Post
    Now....a very nice blog (bookmarked and all) but no rss to feed the trol?
    Sin-cerely,
    Trol
    Yep it has the standard blogger rss feed, which you can get to from the following URL.

The Grey Corner

I also just added the Subscribe gadget.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.