Thread: Instalation help, please

Default Instalation help, please

Hi there guys, im fairly new (ish) to backtrack. Iv been playing around with it on live disc for a few months now but iv been having a problem with pci wireless card in my laptop, when i looked into this i think i need to use ndiswrapper to install the card fully. So iv booted on the live cd and clicked the install icon on the desktop, iv done a dual boot with windows, everything seamed to go ok until i tried to reboot and the screen just goes blank, very strange me thinks so i reboot into windows, that boots up just fine, so i reboot again back into the installed version of backtrack but in the repair mode, now when i run the repair module it says i need 6 blocks for repairing, now here comes the big problem, i cant connect wirelessly to the internet as the card isnt installed fully so i tried using a lan cable connection and again still nothing? I have checked the iso file and md5 matches just fine.
    Can anyone shed any light on this at all?

Default Re: Instalation help, please

Quote Originally Posted by christ044 View Post
    i cant connect wirelessly to the internet as the card isnt installed fully so i tried using a lan cable connection and again still nothing?
    Did you start networking? Did you search the forum for the billion other posts about networking not working when you boot up?
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

When i boots up it does say basic networking is on, ill search the forum (tried once but couldnt find anything of help)

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by christ044 View Post
    When i boots up it does say basic networking is on, ill search the forum (tried once but couldnt find anything of help)
    In addition to my PM to you on learning the linux basics I would suggest you also look at this thread I made especially for you.
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad-thread.html

Oh you are so kind