Thread: Metsploit Update - Could not connect to server

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Metsploit Update - Could not connect to server

Hi!

Well this could be a real dumb question but anyways; I downloaded metaspolit framework for Windows and I am comfortable using it. My computer connects to a HTTP proxy for Internet access. When I try updating Metasploit using the Metasploit Update shortcut on the desktop I get the following

[*] Updating the Metasploit Framework...

svn: OPTIONS of 'hxxps //metasploit.com/svn/framework3/trunk': could not connect to server (hxxps //metasploit.com)
    [*] Update complete

I looked at the Subversion FAQ under the Proxy section [hxxp //subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy] and yet I am stumped. I cannot find the "servers" file under the path that is mentioned in the article [C:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Application Data\subversion] or in the installation directory for metasploit. I know I have to edit some config file to set the proxy for internet access for metasploit but I dont know which file. Please help me guys..

That's a Windows path mentioned in your post - you realise this is a support forum for BackTrack - which is a Linux distribution - right?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karnivore View Post
    Hi!

Well this could be a real dumb question but anyways; I downloaded metaspolit framework for Windows and I am comfortable using it.
    We do not support windows here. I would suggest either some windows forum or one of the myriad metasploit communication methods.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.