Thread: HTTPD - No IP Address configured!

mcurran

Default HTTPD - No IP Address configured!

Hello:

I'm recieving the following message from Information - KDialog when attempting to start HTTPD. I go through the Menu > Services > HTTPD > Start HTTPD:

No IP Address configured!

I was hoping to start the Apache2 server in order to run some tests with ettercap and html injection. I have searched through the forums and also apache's documentation files; however, I could not find any material relative to this exact error. I also examined my apache2.conf file located in the following directory, but didn't find anything related to setting up an ip address for the local host: /etc/apache2/

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or can point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

mcurran

It means exactly what it says. You need to start the network services first.

Code:
    /etc/init.d/networking start
    Try it after you get an IP address.

mcurran

Thanks Lincoln:

I'm sure this would correct the issue for most users, but now I apparently have a related issue. When I attempt to start the networking, it fails. I have provided a printout of the output for your command at pastebin 71253.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any additional info.

Thanks again...

It says post expired or not found. I might of typed it in wrong, sent you a PM.

mcurran

Default /etc/init.d/networking start - Failed to bring up wlan0.

Lincoln was right and it seems the problem stems from my inability to start networking. I receive the following message when attempting to start networking:

Failed to bring up wlan0.

However, I am connected to the AP, and I'm able to browse the internet, use ifconfig, ifup, and iwconfig. I tried adding the IP Address, netmask and gateway addresses to /etc/networking/interfaces under wlan0, but it didn't help. I also tried changing my dhcp to static in interfaces as well, but that didn't help either. I'm using a Broadcom "Airforce One" card - WMP54GS (BCM4318) and I'm using the b43 driver. I have provided the output when attempting to start or restart networking, and my iwconfig and also ifconfig at the pastebin address I mentioned previously. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

mcurran

mcurran

Default RootServer Directory - Apache2 or DHCP3-Server (Not /etc/apache2)!

Sorry to keep bumping my own thread...

I just wanted to say that I can start apache2 server fine. I just need the HTTPD Start GUI to set the Server Root Directory. My /etc/apache2/apache2.conf file says the root server directory is /etc/apache2, but this is not the case; because when I use html injection with ettercap filters and metasploit, the test clients on my network cannot download the files I put in /etc/apache2. I also tried /var/www/ and /var/www/htdocs, but those don't work either. If I can just figure out the server's root directory when I start apache2 or dhcp3-server, I'd be happy... Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

mcurran

mcurran

This is very strange. I tried reinstalling a couple times, and it seems that this behavior begins after about 5 or so reboots, regardless of any changes...

Using './etc/init.d/apache2 start' i can start apache(HTTPD) with just the loopback adapter up so it should have nothing to do with your network being up/down.

the default www root is '/var/www/' files need to be either owned by www-data or in the www-data group to be accessable from the network.
    A simple 'chown -Rv www-data:www-data /var/www/' as root will do this.
    Mathematical reasoning may be regarded rather schematically as the exercise of a combination of two facilities, which we may call intuition and ingenuity.

mcurran

Default HTTPD - No IP Address configured! [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by Valifake View Post
    Using './etc/init.d/apache2 start' i can start apache(HTTPD) with just the loopback adapter up so it should have nothing to do with your network being up/down.

the default www root is '/var/www/' files need to be either owned by www-data or in the www-data group to be accessable from the network.
    A simple 'chown -Rv www-data:www-data /var/www/' as root will do this.
    Valifake: Thank you very much. The command you provided works awesome. My Menu HTTPD is still not working, but my server directory does, so I have no complaints. I consider this issue solved as far as I'm concerned.

UPDATE: This issue seems to be fixed in the latest release << back | track 4 FINAL [pwnsauce]!!!

Thanks again!

mcurran