Thread: gerix-ng doesn't display wpa2 networks

Just burned his ISO

Default gerix-ng doesn't display wpa2 networks

when trying out the next gen gerix wifi cracker i noticed that when scanning for networks it doesn't display any of the available wpa2 networks, even though when checking the /tmp/gerix-scan-*.csv after running a scan it shows the wpa2 access points in the csv file fine. i did have a look at the code to see if i could work it out but my python-foo isn't that great atm, i understand the dev is a backtrack team member so i was hoping for some input on how to correct this problem

tia

Developer

emgent is the author of that tool. Best thing to do is ping him on our irc channel or grab his email of off the RE main site and shoot him a email.

Just burned his ISO

mail sent, thanks

Just burned his ISO

firstly let me say thanks to emanuele for taking the time to write this great front end for aircrack-ng (and pyrit) for those of us who are too lazy to type all the time, (and also the newbs and s/k i suppose lol) so thanks !

now for anyone else who come accross this wpa2 display problem i worked out a fix myself, i have sent it to emanuele so it will be in newer versions of gerix but if you can't wait here's the diff

[edit]
    playing around with it a little more i found another small problem in how the commands were being output when using pyrit to crack the wpa handshake, i have changed the below diff to incorporate the fixes for both issues
    [/edit]

[edit2]
    first fix is applied and the new version (2.0-bt5) is in the repo, diff changed to show this
    [/edit2]

Code:
    --- /root/gerix-a/usr/share/gerix-wifi-cracker-ng/gerix.py      2009-12-21 20:46:46.000000000 +0000
    +++ /root/gerix-b/usr/share/gerix-wifi-cracker-ng/gerix.py      2010-01-10 23:47:50.000000000 +0000
    @@ -139,7 +139,7 @@ class Main_window_ex(Main_window):
             elif self.dfile2 == "":
                 self.output("dictionary is not set", 1)
             else:
    -            command = 'pyrit -e "' + self.essid + '" -i "' + self.dfile2 + '" -r "' + config_dir + '*.cap" attack_passthrough'
    +            command = 'pyrit -e ' + self.essid + ' -i ' + self.dfile2 + ' -r ' + config_dir + '\*.cap attack_passthrough'
                 ct = Command_thread(command, 'Cracking WPA password with pyrit launched', '')
                 ct.start()
    enjoy